Ok, GoPro Video Editing

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Since I am sitting here waiting on updates from my mom, figured I could keep my mind busy.

I used AVS Video Converter 6.4 to convert the mp4 to wmv file, then used windows movie maker on XP to edit, cut, add music and rearrange the video. Please watch and give me your feed back. If the works I will purchase the AVS converter for 29.95 and that will remove the water marks. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the mounting point.

What I notice is that the quality is downgraded when you converted it. Play the original .mp4 file using Quicktime, and compare it to the edited .wmv file (BEFORE loading to Youtube as they also degrade some) and you'll see what I mean.

If that quality is good enough, go for it!

I was experimenting with the GoPro on the way to work this morning. I really DO NOT like the new Windows 7 Movie Maker Live. They put a bunch of beginner stuff in it, which is ok, but they took all of the powerful advanced features out of the previous version that I used for special effects. One step forward, two steps back. I found setting r4 on the camera shoots a larger field (all be it at a lower resolution than 1080P) so I don't need to be as meticulous about aiming the camera when I mount it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I am sitting here waiting on updates from my mom, figured I could keep my mind busy.

I used AVS Video Converter 6.4 to convert the mp4 to wmv file, then used windows movie maker on XP to edit, cut, add music and rearrange the video. Please watch and give me your feed back. If the works I will purchase the AVS converter for 29.95 and that will remove the water marks. Let me know what you think.

The problem with going from MP4 to WMV is you are converting from one compressed format to another. You will lose resolution doing it that way. It won't be noticable on YouTube, but if you are planning on cutting HD DVD or BlueRay disks, its not the way to go. I do believe AVS can write an uncompressed AVI format Move Maker will read. Do you editing with the uncompressed file and once you have your final copy, then compress to wmv. Be prepared to use alot of disk space for uncompressed video,

Dennis, I used the r3 resolution. When I clicked your vid it said it was not available.

The problem with going from MP4 to WMV is you are converting from one compressed format to another. You will lose resolution doing it that way. It won't be noticable on YouTube, but if you are planning on cutting HD DVD or BlueRay disks, its not the way to go. I do believe AVS can write an uncompressed AVI format Move Maker will read. Do you editing with the uncompressed file and once you have your final copy, then compress to wmv. Be prepared to use alot of disk space for uncompressed video,

Understood, the mp4 files are huge! Until I upgrade my desktop to windows 7, arent I stuck? I dont have anything that will edit mp4's. I can convert to avi or any other format. My only intended use it uploading to youtube for us to see, or leaving them on my computer. Never thought about cutting dvd's, that would be cool. :cheerleader:

I deleted it and am uploading iot manually. So much for the Windows 7 one click upload to YouTube. The more they take over the plumbing, the easiter it if for the work to get gunked up.

I never did get windows7 to upload to youtube on my netbook, I had to do it manually as well.

Looks pretty good James.....first couple minutes all I could think of was that line from Gone in 60 Seconds....."stuck in suburbia hell...WHERE ARE WE?!!" :laugh:

I replaced the link but it seems that YouTube is just slow tonight. While I was in there I was looking through my videos, and one of my older ones is Blocked in several countries. How cool is that :laugh:

Looks pretty good James.....first couple minutes all I could think of was that line from Gone in 60 Seconds....."stuck in suburbia hell...WHERE ARE WE?!!" :laugh:

I know, I have to ride a ways to find some decent roads. I cant wait to get out again! :please:

Did you check the box to make it public, says it is private.

Yes, YouTube is getting on my last nerve tonight. The first screen is from my account where it says its 100% and Live. The second is when I click on Play. I'm going to bed.

YouTube1.jpg

YouTube2.jpg

Last edited:
Back