GoPro HD Resource Thread-Discussion-Settings-Mounts-Cards-Results

Gripper: The GoPro will only allow up to a certain size file, then it will shut off and start again. Mostly because very few computers can even open or edit one 32GB file...

I've seen examples, when my wife is flying, where she starts the camera and takes off, and ends up with two or more files...

Purchased a Motorsport Kit with the Camera, the Waterproof case cracked, purchase back in Feb, I email Gopro, took some pics of the cracks in the case. They are shipping a new one free of charge.. :cheerleader:

So you want to know how tough these stupid cameras are?

CamHousing.jpg

Yeah, she still works...lol.

I have a Go Pro HD Motorsports Hero and purchased the additional screen. I just used a Drift HD today. It is very nice and is new and improved from the Drift 170. Smaller and lighter and still comes with a RF remote that can be attached to my wrist or bike, HDMI, Ext. Mic port, Night Mode, Built in LCD/Speaker, better mounting 1/4 20 style, USB and many other better features so I'm thinking about switching. Has anyone tested this new Camera?

I Just Picked up a Polarizer Filter for the Go Pro From these guys: PolarProFilters.com
It took care of washed out video on bright days
It was only like 9 bucks too, Id recommend it if you are getting overexposed video

Hope that helps someone!

Has anyone picked up the HD Hero2 yet? I'm thinking about one, but at $300...whew. I may wait. I'm cool with the one I have for now....Oh wait! Christmas is coming.....

Has anyone picked up the HD Hero2 yet? I'm thinking about one, but at $300...whew. I may wait. I'm cool with the one I have for now....Oh wait! Christmas is coming.....

Yep, I picked one up a couple of days ago. Haven't had a chance to use it on the bike yet.

I went to Cycle Gear and asked for a deal on it. Got it for $269 :snap:

GoPro Hero HD2.jpg

GoPro Hero HD2-2.jpg

Looks like a good setup. I think that I may do a helmet mount as well. I have it on the mirror, and I just don't like having the headlight showing in the bottom left corner of the video. Do you feel safe with it up there?

Looks like a good setup. I think that I may do a helmet mount as well. I have it on the mirror, and I just don't like having the headlight showing in the bottom left corner of the video. Do you feel safe with it up there?

You mean safe as far as the camera staying put? I'm not worried about that at all. GoPro uses 3M's VHB tape on their surface mounts, and the stuff is pretty incredible. I'll try some other mounting locations as soon as I get a chance, but I think my cam will probably spend most of its time up top.

I also picked up the LCD Bacpac tonight. Went to Cycle Gear again and asked for another deal... They let me have it for $59 instead of the regular $79. That will be especially helpful for framing up shots from more creative mounting locations.

As convenient as online shopping can be, there's a lot to be said for having a good relationship with your local store. :thumbsup:

So here's a couple more pics with the LCD Bacpac installed and a shorter mount.

The longer mount had a little bit of play in it that caused some noise in the videos. This one will probably take the wind better anyway.

The Bacpac adds some bulk, but it's still a very manageable size.

GoPro Hero HD2-3.jpg

GoPro Hero HD2-4.jpg

Once you get past the R1 worship, there's some camera angles from the Dragon that even Pashnit hasn't come up with yet :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So here's a couple more pics with the LCD Bacpac installed and a shorter mount.

The longer mount had a little bit of play in it that caused some noise in the videos. This one will probably take the wind better anyway.

The Bacpac adds some bulk, but it's still a very manageable size.

So I'm curious with bacpac on how do you line up shots with it on your helmet?
Do you sit on bike while Skydivr mounts you from behind and helps you :whistle:

:rofl:

Seriously though without sitting on bike and having somebody else look at bacpac how do you know what its pointed at?

Once you get past the R1 worship, there's some camera angles from the Dragon that even Pashnit hasn't come up with yet :)

That must be a pretty old video (think I've seen it before some time back), 240P. Nobody shoots vids in 240P anymore.:laugh:
Still some cool angles, and some serious time/thought put into making the vid.
As for R1 worship.. um, no. I sat on a new R1 the other day, and that thing is a total rack. The way that seat flips up in the back, unless you ride in a full race tuck ALL the time, there's no way to hold the weight off your wrists. Rolling torture device IMO.
Now the new style ZX10R, that's a whole different story.:wow:

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm curious with bacpac on how do you line up shots with it on your helmet?
Do you sit on bike while Skydivr mounts you from behind and helps you :whistle:

:rofl:

Seriously though without sitting on bike and having somebody else look at bacpac how do you know what its pointed at?

Here's what I said earlier...

I also picked up the LCD Bacpac tonight. Went to Cycle Gear again and asked for another deal... They let me have it for $59 instead of the regular $79. That will be especially helpful for framing up shots from more creative mounting locations.

:thumbsup:

I meant it will be good for framing up shots from other mounting locations on the bike, not from the helmet.

Just make sure you give the VHB tape mounts 24 hours to set before using and the mounts are good. I've ridden a whole saeson of trackdays without issue

Mostly trial and error Saiid just make sure you don't stick where it interferes with full visor open

Back