I need help with my Nuvi

racerV

Did you say something?
Donating Member
Registered
How do I mount it? I can't use a stem mount because of my stabilizer and the suction cup won't work on my DB wind screen. This is on an 08 Busa.

RV - check out GPSCITY.COM and their selection of Rammounts. I have a Nuvi500 and got my mount through them - used a stem mount but as I recall there's about a half dozen ways to mount that sucker. I've seen a slick mount that goes in the end of the clip-ons. I got my cradle and power cord direct through Garmin however - got the GPS from the wife for Christmas and she'd be heartbroken if I ruined it with an inferior mount or AM power cable that fried it.

Ah..and definitely don't trust a suction cup! Even on a flat spot that thing could come off from the vibration - not worth the risk.

Edit: ya know, after thinking about it maybe they used the stem mount in the end of the clip-on bar....would make sense as it's hollow right?

Last edited:
John, you can check out how professor mounted his.
Drilled a hole and tapped it in the end of the left handlebar facing the dash.
If you don't run a tank bag; you can get a mount that will bolt down with the two upper gas tank screws if a gen 2 is the same as a gen 1.

Back