Good news

05BusaBlue

Registered
Well today I finally got the title to my baby.  
biggrin.gif
I am so happy to finally say she is all mine.  Anyways she has just under 2500 miles since she is parked 8 months out of the year, inside the house, due to the Alaskan winters.  

But I have better news.  The wife and I finally got orders to our new base... LUKE AFB Arizona! I can ride year long now.  We leave here 21 June.   Anyone from that area?  Or moving, we are looking for a home.  Just thought I would share.

Great news! I lived in Arizona as a kid and it was fun except during times of extreme heat.

Congrats! You are moving to AZ when it is getting to be the warmest. Will be a radical change for you!

Yeah.... Alaska to Arizona in June.......

dont take this wrong.. but just prepare yourselfs. Arizona is a nice place but you are not going to have an easy transition. (as easy as compared to if you moved there lets say in November / December)

Lets put it this way, Arizona is the only place I have road where I have determined if I lived there a second radiator fan and engine ice would be a must.

But you will be able to ride more than in Alaska I would imagine.
beerchug.gif

good luck with the move, cold to hot your gonna die the first year from heat but hey the mosquitos are tiny and few and far between!!
beerchug.gif

(warwgn @ May 02 2007,08:45) good luck with the move, cold to hot your gonna die the first year from heat but hey the mosquitos are tiny and few and far between!!
beerchug.gif
the mosquitos usually get blown away by those huge rolling electrical storms that go through and cause all the hummidity.

Never seen it poor rain in the middle of summer anywhere except for when I have been to Arizona.

go to east Texas, it can pour rain and the sun is still shining
SHOCKED.gif

i had to ride in a down pour yesterday i was soaked to the bone, it was the longest 45 minutes of my life. It was my first day to bust out the summer gear too.

When I was in the Army I was stationed at Ft. Huachuca. I loved Arizona, awesome riding that is as probably as close to year round as you can get. Although I did ride to work one morning and had to ride home as it was starting to snow.

(thrasherfox @ May 02 2007,08:37) Yeah.... Alaska to Arizona in June.......

dont take this wrong.. but just prepare yourselfs. Arizona is a nice place but you are not going to have an easy transition. (as easy as compared to if you moved there lets say in November / December)

Lets put it this way, Arizona is the only place I have road where I have determined if I lived there a second radiator fan and engine ice would be a must.

But you will be able to ride more than in Alaska I would imagine.  
beerchug.gif
Oh dont worry about the change from Alaska to Arizona.  The wife and I were both born and raised in Albuquqerque New Mexico, so we are both use to the heat.   We are so happy cuz our other cars have been in storage at my dads shop so finally we can pick them up and have all the rides together for the first time.  And thanks I never though of another fan due to the heat.  Something for me to think about.

Anyways thanks everyone.  Hopefully I will meet up with some of you one day since we are closer to civilization.

sweet i wish i could take your place in just hate the heat. bUT busa is fun i just miss -40- to -70F
SHOCKED.gif
. last year never went below 19F suckted i just love the cold
firedevil.gif

Back