Good news / Bad news

Saxoplay

Donating Member
Registered
First, the good news!

I finally made it out for a nice short ride today. :beerchug: 'nuf said.

Now, the bad news!

In doing so, I hit a huge pot hole going down the 215. It felt like I hit a brick wall or something. It was so bad that I had to pull over and check the bike. I inspected it for a couple of minutes making sure there was no obvious damage. Luckily, I didn't see anything. I also couldn't tell any difference in handling when I rode it afterwards. Is there anything in particular I should be looking for that could have been damaged from the impact?

I'd inspect the tires really well....other than that sounds like you made it out unscathed

Cut tire or a bent wheel...put her up on some stands and look close :beerchug:

Hey Perry, nice to see you making the rounds......what potholes ????....we ain't got no stinkin' potholes........

If you find damage on either wheel, I have a front and back in black, both straight and undamaged.... :oldcool:

Oh, crap you asked a question....check both wheels thoroughly, check both tires thoroughly, check axle runout (put it up on a front stand and spin the wheel, a visual check will do for now), and forks.....that is all.... :super: If ya need help on anything, I'm off all week.....may be headed for SoCal later in the week though... :oldcool:

The tire could be damaged and you wouldn't be able to see it such as a torn belt. To be on the safe side, you might want to replace the tire. I had a similar experience only my rim was dented and cracked where one of the spokes attached to the rim. I filed a claim with WSDOT that is currently being considered (see "Might be time for new rims" thread). I hope every thing is OK with your bike.

Hey Perry, nice to see you making the rounds......what potholes ????....we ain't got no stinkin' potholes........

If you find damage on either wheel, I have a front and back in black, both straight and undamaged.... :oldcool:

Oh, crap you asked a question....check both wheels thoroughly, check both tires thoroughly, check axle runout (put it up on a front stand and spin the wheel, a visual check will do for now), and forks.....that is all.... :super: If ya need help on anything, I'm off all week.....may be headed for SoCal later in the week though... :oldcool:

Hey Adam. I appreciate the offer. So far, I haven't had the chance to really put it up on the stands and thoroughly check things out. I'll be doing that first chance I get this week. I'll let you know if I need anything!

Be careful around those potholes; a friend of mine got thrown off his Honda Gold Wing when he hit a pot hole--- it killed him.

Back