Gonna get one!

jmasin

Registered
Hey all,

I'm this close (put your thumb and index finger a few mm apart) to gettin' a Busa.  I set up a test drive this weekend, and unless something just doesn't feel right,  I'm gonna do it.

Can any of you guys give me some ammo for dealing with the salesfolk?

I know on less popular bikes I could talk 'em down easy, but I'm not sure on a top 'o the line bike like the Busa.

What kind of deals, if any have some of you guys gotten/heard of?  MSRP is like $10500.  Is $1000 off way off base?

I want a good deal, but I really want the bike, and there aren't many dealers around, so I can't walk out only to come wimpering back a few days later
biggrin.gif

Any inputs would be GREATLY appreciated.

Cheers!  
ernaehrung004.gif

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
biggrin.gif
Are you paying cash or financing? Also what color? Sometimes you can find last years colors at a little better price. Like you I'm a real bargin hunter. But bikes dont seem to have as much price margin as cars for the dealer. I found my bike at www.cycletrader.com - it was only 8 months old and had only 600 miles on it, and still had a few months warranty. Price was $9500.00 including delivery to Hawaii. Their are some guys that buy a new bike and curcumstances change ie; baby on the way ... I saw a couple adds said "too much bike for me " with like only 300 miles on it. Anyway I did my deal sight unseen but it was from a dealer. Depending on your location if your willing to drive a couple states over ... but do most of your shopping online or telephone first. Ofcourse cash talks ... good luck.
ernaehrung004.gif

Mavrick

Registered
I got mine for $8800.00 brand new last October its a Blue and Silver 01, but at the same time i purchased $1500.00 dollars in extras plus $ 500.00 in tax so i was back up to retail. I think thats why they came down so far on the price of the bike
withstupid.gif

viking

Registered
I paid 18,000AUS which converts to 9,550US but that included on roads. So RRP as is would mean i paid about 9,000US.

I'm sure you could talk him down no probs as if they want to make money they will sell you the bike as there is obviously still profit to be made at that price.

I just bought mine, silver 2002. the last bike was a 200 katana 600. Man o man what a bike. I paid $10,000 with the 4 year warranty. I could have gotten the 2001 from another local dealer for about 9,000, but I just can't stand those guys!! If you don't care about the year, several dealers seem to have left over 2001's that they will deal on. I think the only real differences are the colors and the polished exhaust pipe. Have fun, you can't go wrong with this bike!!

Billy:32:

win43win

Registered
I just bought a brand new 2002 for $9100 from a canadan dealer. Local guys wouldnt go lower than the $10900 retal price.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rubbersidedown Gonna tackle that turbo issue soon.... Random Thoughts 13
rubbersidedown Gonna go serious on yer ass's for a minute... General Bike Related Topics 17
rubbersidedown I wonder what the Captain/Doug/the owner of the org is gonna get me Random Thoughts 5
Bluebusa60544 I’m gonna need a taller hump. Nitrous 13
ali123 ALI123 is gonna be gone for a few days Off Topic 20
gsxrdan2 Gonna build SWB 1/4 Mile 6
captain Gonna Turn On Something New Today, To See How It Works Random Thoughts 1
SSGT_B Was Gonna Ride But.........the Unthinkable Random Thoughts 13
TallTom Gonna Sell One Of My Bikes. No Wtb Bike Section Here?? General Bike Related Topics 3
gurrera You're gonna love this one Random Thoughts 2
BadNasty08 I'm Gonna Snap !! General Bike Related Topics 2
poytress11 Boss finally said i can get another bike! And its gonna be a busa!!! New Owners Forum 15
POWERHOUSE The theives out there are gonna love this! General Bike Related Topics 13
TallTom Had enough Ford. Gonna Sue Ya! Random Thoughts 62
TallTom Gonna be looking at tires for the 1st time in aa fe years. Tires 5
B Gen 3 gonna be a turbo? General Bike Related Topics 20
Boosted Cycle Perf Just gonna leave this right here.... Turbo 16
outlawbusa Yep, gonna have to turn my dogs loose Random Thoughts 5
07BUSA420 I am gonna change the oil AND FILTER on my 07 Busa. What else should I do? New Owners Forum 6
jch364 Is Zuk ever gonna make a new improved busa? Random Thoughts 25
Chango Gonna Change the coolant! General Bike Related Topics 6
rubbersidedown The design I am having made up for my Dodge Ram...YER GONNA LOVE IT Random Thoughts 15
Blanca BusaLess This thing is gonna hit 900 million or so.... Random Thoughts 9
Blanca BusaLess The orgs gonna owe me lunch..... Random Thoughts 21
Lycan Im gonna miss you... The Playground 26
gurrera You are gonna say "I didn't know that!" at least 5 times. Really neat stuff here: Random Thoughts 10
mikey28804 OK, I'm gonna give it a shot. Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 11
Tufbusa You Pistol Packin future Felons are gonna love this :-) Random Thoughts 5
Fastfrog007 Let's say they do ban guns, who's gonna come take em? Random Thoughts 77
R Any Hayabusa riders gonna race land speed this year at the ECTA? General Bike Related Topics 3
oeballer50 Thought I was gonna be late to work General Bike Related Topics 14
Warchild Obama's gonna take mah GUNS!!!!!!!!!!! Random Thoughts 227
GsxrBots Somebody's gonna get a SWEET deal!! Random Thoughts 22
B Finally gonna have to pay my water bill Random Thoughts 1
skydivr Ok, so which one of you gun enthusiasts is gonna buy THIS Random Thoughts 19
Tufbusa You are gonna like this drifting R1 in action! :) Videos 2
ogre gonna be at campbell by the end of the month Random Thoughts 11
Blanca BusaLess Gonna be going away for awhile. Need some good wishes and prayers. Random Thoughts 34
BubbaWood Gonna be a sad Christmas this year... Random Thoughts 33
TWT racer my Bike ain't gonna be cold this Winter, heck no !! General Bike Related Topics 18
GsxrBots Looks like its gonna be a long day.. Random Thoughts 21
BusainOrlandoFlorida You Guys Are Gonna Love This General Bike Related Topics 22
B Gonna be buying soon....hopefully New Owners Forum 21
Blanca BusaLess This Busa is gonna sell...(org member?) General Bike Related Topics 2
Blanca BusaLess Well since the world is gonna end tomorrow.. Random Thoughts 42
Jet Li Someone is gonna pay! Random Thoughts 79
SkootRRgirl Omg if i have to go another day without riding i'm gonna explode! Random Thoughts 10
2006busa first near death experience of the season... gonna be a good season Random Thoughts 43
T I'm mad as hell and i'm not gonna take this anymore Random Thoughts 9
MC MUSTANG Gonna do Bessie up tomorrow! General Bike Related Topics 18