New To The Family!

06KagedBusa

Registered
Just wanted to say wow! I have been missing out! Bought my first Busa, an 06 model and I'm impressed! I was gonna buy a gsxr but for the money I couldn't pass this up! Even more comfortable to ride than the gsxr's! I do have a few questions as to how to tell a difference from a gen 1 to a gen2. Also I'm looking to convert over to HiD's, so anyone with any info I would appreciate it. I don't want to buy something and it not work on my bike. What's a popular brand of HiDs? Thanks in advance

Gen1 is 99-07
99, 00, 01, all had small changes, ecu, subframe, and a few more.
02-07 are all the same.
Gen2 is 08-16
08-12 are all the same, and 13-16 have ABS. The ABS has a seperate controller from the ecu.
So everything non ABS related is all the same.
Alot of parts will also swap between 99-16.
There is a thread showing many of the parts.
LED bulbs or sealed projector beams are the way to go.
I wouldn't waste the money on HID bulbs.
HIDs are meant for HID headlight housings(that's why sealed projectors are good).
Non HID light housings(like the Busa's, and most bikes) will scatter an HID beam.
Been there, done that.
HID ballasts can also take some time to get the bulb lit again, when dimming your hi beam and then switching back to it.
Lots of info on headlights here.
Search for HID Retrofit.

Welcome to the org.

Wow, appreciate the info. As soon as I get some spare time I plan on searching the forum and trying to gain some knowledge

Welcome! And ^^^^^^ See above!

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

Huge difference between Gen I and II, I've owned both. Both are great bikes. I hope you have put it through it's paces, the Gen II fixed all the problems / complaints with the Gen I . Make sure second gear is good.

Reactions: Ham
Sorry so late, should have been the first thing that I have done! I was sold on the color of this bike! It seems to ride thru all the gears pretty smooth! Completely stock except for the exhaust. It has the 2 into 1 exhaust with handle exhaust.

image.jpeg

Back