going to bike week for the first time

john32303

Registered
hey

i am headed to bike week for the first time and im taking my busa. i need to know the do's and dont's about there. any place that are a must see. are the rumors true about certian bikes can only park in certian areas? lol and where are the sport bikes located there?

thanks for the info
john

find the first cop you can and do a smokey burnout in front of him, i heard its a tradition.

no just kiddin, i have no idea but im sure you will have a blast.

b safe

Drive like a Grampa, and you will have no trouble at all! If you are out to have a good time like maybe do a little burnout or maybe even a wheelie or two, then you should stay home.... As far as seeing the gurlies flashing their titties..... well, they will be ther to bust them too.
funny how events like this somehow turned into a "Family thing"!

IMHO, I stay away from places like this cause I just get a little too wild....
whistling.gif

Police will write you for anything, face shield up on Main St., 5 mph over basically anywhere they see ya. Bike theft rings. Traffic and drunks also. I don't go anymore to Daytona.

If you take it easy you should have no trouble. Now they are writing tickets for tag placement (must be horizantal and visible). As stated before keep your eye on the speeds because they will write up for 5 over the limit and the eye protection thing is a must (if you are wearing your helmet keep the visor down if no helmet as many others do (myself included) on main street keep glasses on). Hope this helps and stay safe
thumb_up.gif

here's my advice

DONT GO!

If you must go, leave the bike at home.  Two reasons, first you dont have to worry that someone is going to take it (cuz that shid happens a LOT there) and second, the roads are littered with bikes & cops.  You wont be able to ride much, except in traffic, then you have to park it, make sure you are driving carefully enough that ms. Daisey will complain about it and oh yeah, you'd then have to worry if it would be there when you get back.

Every time I've been to a bike week, I've left the bike at home and had a TON of fun just walking around.

The hat/sunscreen suggestion is probably the best one though
beerchug.gif

Police will write you for anything, face shield up on Main St., 5 mph over basically anywhere they see ya. Bike theft rings. Traffic and drunks also. I don't go anymore to Daytona.
I hear ya. I had the same problem at Myrtle back in 2003 which is the last time I went. The whole event it just one big ticket trap instead of a event to have a good time at. I only go the National Bikers Roundup now because it is in a designated area and the cops don't screw with you too tuff because the event is never held in a different state every year so they don't have time to get their sh*t together.

BTW, If you wanna have a real good time where you can have fun... Save yer pennies, go to Sturgis.... Stay at the "Buffalo Chip Campground". It is a total private reservation with tons of live professional bands. You can drive your bike while holding/drinking a beer, the gurlz flashs titties and a whole lot more, you can drive your bike right into the bar, you can drive your bike to the front of the stage where the band is playing, and there is NO COPS! I have not done it, but have a good friend that has gone and brought back plenty of video to back it up.
My kinda place!!!
whistling.gif

here's my advice

DONT GO!

If you must go, leave the bike at home.  Two reasons, first you dont have to worry that someone is going to take it (cuz that shid happens a LOT there) and second, the roads are littered with bikes & cops.  You wont be able to ride much, except in traffic, then you have to park it, make sure you are driving carefully enough that ms. Daisey will complain about it and oh yeah, you'd then have to worry if it would be there when you get back.

Every time I've been to a bike week, I've left the bike at home and had a TON of fun just walking around.

The hat/sunscreen suggestion is probably the best one though
beerchug.gif
+1 i am withya, agreed!

If it's your first time, I'd definitely say go just to say you've been there and got the t-shirt. Seriously, get a t shirt. There are tshirt stands EVERYWHERE! 5 for $25. Go experience it, hit up A1A and go down main street. I would check your coolant before you go, no unnecessary revving and make sure you have your camera on hand. You don't want to miss an opportunity! Oh yeah, and about the cop thing? It's true. Lots of them. Just make sure your bike is legal and you have your endorsement!

DSCF1803.JPG

I went last year. Just for the last weekend. I didn't stay in Daytona so didn't really have any problems...Im heading up on thurs & staying till sunday. I'm staying in Orlando this time. Expect traffic to be slow & stop the entire time in Daytona...Try taking back streets if possible. The races are fun to watch..I like checking out the vendors there as well...

I have been the last seven years. It is a chance for us snow bound eskimos to ride for a week. I stay down in New Smyrna beach at a campground. I have always had a great time. Main street is a must as is North up in Ormond Beach for the Iron Horse Saloon and others. I have never taken the Busa only the Hardley Dangerous Bagger. Not many people can pick it up and walk off with it. Watch the traffic laws as well as the eye protection. Those 2 things can not be over stated enough. I have never had problems with the LEO's, but like has been said FOLLOW THE LETTER O THE LAW. They want the bikers gone for good. Have seen signs posted in the past stating that. They would rather have the Spring Breakers destroying evrything than us "BAD BIKER PEOPLE".
Go have fun. It is easy to do even obeying the law. HAT & SUNSCREEN a MUST
2cents.gif

A friend of mine took his 2000 busa and he was told by friends park your bike on the end of the line in front of the hotel. We don't want them knocking over our bikes when they come in the night to steal yours. Next morning my friend comes out of the Hotel room and his Busa is gone! Just a set of tire tracks from a truck up to and away from where his bike was parked. Now he is thinking "someone is screwing with me and its a joke, they hid my bike for laughs " Our friends are nut busters... matter of fact I guess we all are. My friend is thinking they had some one drive over the grass to make it look good. He walks all around the hotel expecting to find his Busa parked some place. It was gone.. someone came in the night and did steal it. When everyone rode home my friend had to buy a airline ticket and fly back home... Busa.. never found gone for good.
heart_broke.gif

you guys are so negative! I have gone twice, never had a problem!
bowdown.gif

Just don't do stupid things! Like this!
fight.gif

P1050454.JPG

I never said don't go... Guess what Im saying is watch you ride protect your self... Learn from other people's past mistakes.. I go to things like this and have a great time, I just make dam sure I do my best to protect my Busa... alarm, locks keep the bike parked where I can see it... stuff like that..

Back