going to bike week need advice

john32303

Registered
hi all

i recently moved to coca beach and will be going to bike week next weekend on my busa. i have never been so i was wondering if i could get advice on laws, stuff to watch out for, good places to park, places where other sport bikes hang out at.

thanks
john

Hess Gas station andy night around 9pm till whenever. Just past intersection of I-95 and Speedway Blvd.

Speedweek at Daytona International Speedway. AHRMA races usually first part of the week. Daytona 200 Friday night. Historic occassion! Be there! I'll be staying at the LaPlaya Resort on A1A a couple blocks away from Main Street. PM me your cell and I'll call you on other cool things to do.

Last year I did the airboats tour in the Everglades. Kind of a throwback to prehistoric looking animals. Don't put your hands in the water....gators. :laugh:Wardie

Make sure your license plate is horizontal and has a light on it. While I was sitting in traffic on main street, cops were walking up to bikes to check this. Also check out Rossmeyers HD area. Right off I-95 at Ormond.

Hess Gas station andy night around 9pm till whenever. Just past intersection of I-95 and Speedway Blvd.

Speedweek at Daytona International Speedway. AHRMA races usually first part of the week. Daytona 200 Friday night. Historic occassion! Be there! I'll be staying at the LaPlaya Resort on A1A a couple blocks away from Main Street. PM me your cell and I'll call you on other cool things to do.

Last year I did the airboats tour in the Everglades. Kind of a throwback to prehistoric looking animals. Don't put your hands in the water....gators. :laugh:Wardie

Hess is the best place...oh yea, check out the hot babes for me.

Install Muzzy fan before you go. I overheated in traffic on Speedway. Get there early to avoid traffic.

Like said about the plate. Keep both wheels on ground. Watch your speed. All could land you a 1k fine(first offense). Out of state bikes might get away with the plate issue if the LE hasn't found a loop hole to ticket for the plate thing. No Tag light will prob land a ticket regardless of what state you from.

Have fun and be safe!

I live in Sanford just 30 min S.W. from Daytona and I think I'll pass on it. I see so much crazy stuff from the riders that come down here while at bike week. My Busa hates sitting in traffic, does the muzzy fan help out a lot? FL heat is nasty with 140 degree asphalt in full gear on a Busa producing more heat than I like.

When they go to the city I go to the country like, Ocala National Forest! Great riding with all kinds of roads from miles of straights to loops, turn and hills (small hills)!

Sorry, not trying to thread jack, my bad! Have fun and be safe. You only need to impress yourself!:beerchug:

Make sure your license plate is horizontal and has a light on it. While I was sitting in traffic on main street, cops were walking up to bikes to check this. Also check out Rossmeyers HD area. Right off I-95 at Ormond.

Probably a minimum maximum height as well. In SC it's 12" to 36" above pavement.

Make sure that you have some friends with you any where you go. People are kinda nuts there. It's fun but be careful. Like it was said earlier, watch out for the squids and hardly riders.

hey thanks for all of the replies. what about some crazy helmet law. i know that you dont have to wear them, but if you have one you cant ride with the visor up? is that the truth or can you wear shades if the visor is up.

Law states you must have some type of eye protection on at all times while riding.
No helmet + Glasses
Helmet visor down
Helmet(visor up) + glasses
Half helmet + glasses
etc...

Back