GM on a chopper?

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
I don't have the funds this year but a certain style of chopper has grown on me.   I was up at the local HD dealer and they had a BigDog chopper that was traded in.  
It wasn't a real long one or the low and short version. Kind of in between. I liked it and it seemed to fit me fine.  I think i'm ready for a second bike of a different flavor.  I'll keep my Busa, but will be on the lookout for a nice comfortable chopper, if there is such a thing.

I must be growing old.  (I'll be 35 this year)
tounge.gif

Here's the bike i was sitting on.

http://www.bigdogmotorcycles.com/images/chop-gal2.jpg

I have always wanted a "drag style" chopper which is the low and short version but I just can't own a v-twin. I have been thinking about building one out of an old Suzuki GS 1100 for some time now.

That would be cool and the GS motors rock. Hmm, prostock chopper?

Don't want the M109. Not a fan.

Nice bike, just not for me.

I have been looking at the stock 07 Road Glides (orange and black 97ci twin with a 6 speed) and then for 3 grand and 5 hours time you can install a Woddy's Supercharger and pull 130-160hp at the wheel with a perfectly streetable bike.
smile.gif

TOM, TOM TOM, TOM, "TOMMMMMM-uhhh"......you off the meds again buddy
rock.gif
?........

Thank ya, thank ya very mushhhhh..........

Actually, I'd like an m109r "and" an Arlen Ness of some sort........AND....a 2008 Hayabusa !!!
super.gif

Got word from a friend who's a zuke tech...can anyone say 1500 cc's
rock.gif
...now I know it could all be rumor, but....he's pretty convinced via a source that it's 1500 cc's, with a new body set, and a few other miscellaneous goodies.......so it's basically straight from friend to a friend to a friend....

rock.gif

I have seen a few of these bikes after a couple years of use and have not been impressed. I see faded paint, dull aluminum and rusty thin chrome. I don't think the quality of the components used in these bikes are very good for the long run. I know a lot of it has to do with the owner but I have seen products from other manufacturers last a lot better with the same treatment.
They look really nice when new and almost pulled the trigger on one myself but for $30,000 I expect a bit more quality for my money!

$30,000 , forget a chopper, I'll take a new Busa, 07 gixxer 1000, and through in a 07 R1 JUST FOR THE HE11 OF IT !!!!!!!

It does look nice though !!!!!!!!!

they look good those big dog choppers.

my bud make REAL custom choppers, check out chaos cycles on myspace...

Though i wouldn't mind a nice chopper, the big bucks required to obtain one is way outta my reach. Maybe one day.

Had a good friend with one -- biggest hunk o poo I have ever seen (looked great tho )
Spent way more time in the shop than under his butt -- and the warranty sucks too -- he finally got rid of it (for like 10k less than he paid )
The "electronics" on the bike are terrible

I like the look of a bike like that but it's mostly a showroom piece not built for transportation.

Still. . . . .

--Wag--

Several Big Dogs local to me. They are at every bike get together within 100 miles. Very nice bikes but even the guys that own them will tell you they are for show not for go!! Better plan on stopping every 40 miles for a break. Never ridden one myself that is what one of the owners here told me!!!

they ride alot better than what you guys are saying and they stay together my friend has one and we ride all the time i borrow it from time to time and ride it all day great bikes they are very comfortable to ride also. and his is the hardtail version known as the ridgeback.

Nothing like building your own.  I have had this '61 Pan since 1977, it has been extremely reliable.  Only rode home once in a the truck because I pulled the drive belt in half!

Notice the comfy seat, this where the term "hard ass" comes from.

1961FLRightView.jpg

Back