Newb here...

screethoprez

Registered
Hey all,
I hope this is the right section to post tihs. I was directed here from KCSportbike.com. I just picked up my new 05 Busa yesterday. My name's Rich and I'm from the Kansas City area (Olathe, KS to be exact). I've been riding on and off for about 22 years now. The past few years I've been into choppers and whatnot, but I'm now making my way back to sport bikes.
I'll be doing a lot of digging to get up to speed on my bike and making my list of planned modifications so I guess my first question is where's a good place to start on modding? I know I want to do a fender elimination kit first and foremost.

Thanks!

-Rich

welcome aboard!  post a pic of yr bike!
smile.gif

you might want to check out som eof the group buys that have been going on here - a bunch of folx saved on HID headlamps + alarms this past month. look around here + you'll find a lot of modding posts.

or...you can look here:

<!--EDIT|shortBoarder
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107720639 -->

Thanks, it's completely stock for now. I had to do the red and black to match my car (my other money pit). Sorry for the poor pics, it's raining here today (go figure).

Busa2resized.jpg

Busa1resized.jpg

-Rich

Welcome aboard, Screethoprez.
It dont matter what your rolln, just as long as your knees is in the breeze, Playa and congratz on your new luv.  

Wherez the photoz
rock.gif

tounge.gif

uploaded_banner.jpg

[/b]</span>[/url]contact Rhythm or KS-WaterBug for password to recieve group discount price on HID kits.

uploaded_banner.jpg

LQQkz like you got the jump on me before I sent my message asking for photoz. LQQkn good, Champ.

uploaded_banner.jpg

[/b]</span>[/url]contact Rhythm or KS-WaterBug for password to recieve group discount price on HID kits.

uploaded_banner.jpg

Looks great. First mods that most everyone does is getting rid of those reflectors and warning stickers. Depending on your height, a double bubble windscreen. These are some quick easy to do first mods. Just search around the sight here and you will find almost everything you nee to know about the Busa. Welcome to the greatest Hayabusa board on the net!

Congrats and welcome to the board! Great looking bike!

Congrats and welcome to a new obsession. Bike looks sweet, and most of start with cosmetic mods just to get us going. #1..removal of stickers and refelctors.....#2..do something with that god awful mudflap....#3..windscreen (ZG,Puig,etc..).

Once those mods are done, the obsession will already be seated in your soul, and your wallet will start to cough forwards $100's of dollars at a time...............This is just a WARNING.
laugh.gif

Thanks everybody. Yeah, I know a little bit about obsessions. I have way too much invested in my cars. I really didn't need another hobby, but I had to have another bike.

Looks like I'll be doing the sticker and reflector removal, double bubble windscreen (unless anybody can recommend a better brand) and the fender eliminator kit first. What's the best recommended eliminator kit? Also, does anybody know what the double bubble windscreen looks like in a red? I wonder if it will match the bike or if I should just go with a tinted.

Thanks again everybody,

Rich

Oh yeah, and what kind of stand does everyone recommend? I really don't like putting it on the kickstand in the garage.

-Rich

I have a Sportech chrome windshield. Looks real nice. Will post some pics later today for you. As far as an undertail, IMO the only way to go is a Top Gun. Will also post some pics of that too.

Welcome, get suspension set up right and then start with the engine. Performance over cosmetics

I'm losing my touch! I normally would have said something about those stickers and reflectors. Definitely start there and the DB will be a nice touch for you. Either PUIG or ZG would be my recommendations, but haven't seen either one in red. As for stands, Handy or PitBull with the PitBulls as the top choice (more costly though). Eliminators/undertails might be something you just want to shop around for. Many have just trimmed the stock one until finding what they wanted. They are expensive, so making the right choice first will pay big dividends. Extreme Graphics, Mototeck, the Motorhead and Eurotails make some of the more popular models.

Welcome to the board

<!--EDIT|Red05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107725423 -->

Congratulations prez! I would start with a cheap & easy mod....the kickstand mod. When the weather allows, we need to hook up and ride. By the way, your bike looks familiar..............

post_6_77382_Busa___I.jpg

I will most definitely look into the kickstand mod this week. I read the reviews on the Top Gun kit, but something about cutting the fairings on a new bike kinda scares me!

-Rich

Back