newb getting a busa this weekend

busa matt

Registered
hey guys newb here have always wanted a busa and am getting an 06 on saturday. told by owner it has a big bore kit (ape) ported and polished heads and cams aswell. it has a bad trans. from what he told me. not sure till i dig into her. can anyone give me any advice as to what to do with her. go for the undercut second and new forks and shafts? what is usually the culprit with these i know there are others that have/had this prob.

:welcome: Hope you are getting a great deal for all the work & $$ it'll need to fix that.

Welcome to the family. :cheerleader:

:welcome: to the .org and congrats on the busa!

If she does in fact need tranny work, you'll feel specific gears not grabbing when you shift into them. Usually the 2nd, but it does happen to other gears as well. APE offers an undercutting service, but that's gonna set you back a bit. I'm not sure if you have the means to strip her and split the lower case yourself, but it's gonna be a lot of time and work ahead of you...

:beerchug:

Busa Matt is my brother. He is definitely not a Newb to riding. Just new to the Busa. I think he may be tired of me blowing by his Tl1000r.....lol So he's getting a Busa. We're very mechanically inclined. we rebuilt the motor in his TL over the winter and I've never seen a better running TL in my life! However this is the first time we're tearing into an inline 4 engine and he's just looking for a little heads up from some of you who may have done this already.

yeah what my bro said, lol! i am very anxious to tear into it an get tearing ass on it! trading my tl1000r for it. shes one of the best looking and best running tl's i have ever seen, so i hope this bus will be worth it and i think it will be.

Welcome and look forward to seeing it! Like others have said hope you got a good deal on it and it doesn't take too much to get it running right.

Back