Gixxer 1000 Big Piston Forks.

SABUSABOY

Registered
Has anyone tried to fit the new Gixxer Big piston forks to a Busa yet? Can get a set but want to run R1 rims, so torn between Gen2 busa forks and BPF from 1000

Why spring rates will be for a 440 lb bike not a 589 lb bird . I also never understood R1 wheel swap so diffcult for little weight savings . Go CZ wheels look 10 times better and speced to fit the bird as well as lighter than even R1 wheels

Well R1 is my poor mans BST rims, its what I can afford. Just struggling to find Gen2 fork in South Africa that are not damaged, but found a set of BPF, so am curious to see if they would work.

Have you measured the length and diameter of the gsxr forks?
As long as they slide in the triple clamps and aren't too long they'll work.
Possibly triple clamps interchange?? I don't know, but doubt it.
Spring rate is less also, as C10 mentioned.
If you need to change Springs, or fork seals, you're gonna need a rod guide case wrench to open the fork internals, after removing the fork caps.
That's a very expensive wrench too.
$250 U.S from Suzuki, and still over half that from the few places I've found that make them.

Well there are a lot of issues with that swap. First is a complete re-damping and springs. Then I'm not sure the brake calipers are a straight swap or triple clamps and length, etc. Finding a good set of Gen 2 forks can't be that hard. Sell the BPF's and get some OEM Gen 2's.

Well there are a lot of issues with that swap. First is a complete re-damping and springs. Then I'm not sure the brake calipers are a straight swap or triple clamps and length, etc. Finding a good set of Gen 2 forks can't be that hard. Sell the BPF's and get some OEM Gen 2's.

+1
I was thinking he was going to use the wheel and calipers too.
I doubt the wheel and brakes interchange.

Have not bought the BPF, but finding used gen2 forks in South Africa is not easy. But going to keep looking for a set

Back