GiPro Question

Youkai

Registered
I have a GiPro on the way for my bike but I still am unclear about the TRE settings after looking at previous posts.

I have a custom tune and wish to keep the current mapping for 5th and 6th gear. Would this be the "normal" setting on the TRE or the 6th gear setting?

Also, the connections are at the back of the gas tank. Do you need to prop the tank up to get to the connections or can you access them by removing the seat?

I saw a moderate walk-through but that was mainly for a speedohealer.

Prop the tank. The GIpro comes with the TRE function shut off. The included instructions are easy to follow for setting TRE portion. You can only set the GIpro to 4th, 5th or 6th gear. I believe the TRE will negate your custom map because it will tell the ECU that you are always in one of the above gears.

Don

Thanks for the help guys.
bowdown.gif

1.  Will both the GIpro and the SpeedoHealer work together (because I know my speedo is really off) ?

Sure, both units will work perfectly.

2.  I have a DynoJet Power Commander III installed, is there any reason to get the GIpro?

YES! The benefits are:

-  The Power Commander can only map ONE gear. The GIpro will help the Power Commander because it locks the map in an unrestricted gear.

-  The Power Commander can adjust the FUEL map only, while the ATRE disables the timing retarder used in lower gears.

-  ATRE will disable the speed limiter (GSXR1000, Hayabusa, DL1000) while the Power Commander will not.

-  You'll find the Gear Indicator function extremely useful in various situations.

3.  I do not have a Power Commander, is there any reason to get the GIpro?

YES! The same benefits apply as above.

The GIpro works perfectly with OR without Power Commander.

4.  I do not wish to alter the stock gear maps, can I use the GI function only?

YES! We ship the GIpro with ATRE mode disabled.

The GIpro is the best gear indicator you can get for your Suzuki. It's not like competing products that all suffer from lag and incorrect readings.

5.  Your website says that the ATRE function is turned off as a default. Does this mean that when I stop, the function has to be manually reengaged via the button?

No. Once enabled, the settings won't be cleared unintentionally, even if you disconnect the battery.

6.  Is it possible to check which ATRE mode is in use?

Yes, simply press and release the button. The actual mode is indicated (blinking) for 3 seconds.

If you wish to change the setting, press the button again while the display is blinking.

7.  What is the difference between the four ATRE modes (-, 4, 5, 6) ?

The "-" (or Normal) setting turns the function Off. To activate the feature, select either "4", "5" or "6" depending on the motorcycle you have. We list the recommended setting for all bikes in the User's Guide. As an example, the Hayabusa requires the "5" setting for best performance.

8.  The clutch safety switch has been disabled on my bike. Will this potentially affect the ability of the GIPro to function correctly?

The GIpro will work fine with clutch switch disabled. However, with disabled clutch switch, your ECU MAY use the restricted ignition map regardless whether ATRE is enabled or not.

Make sure your switch is disabled such a way that the ECU can read the switch signal properly, only the starter relay is grounded permanently.

9.  Can an ATRE be customized? The problem we are experiencing with a ATRE on our GSXR1000 engine powered car is too much horsepower for the traction we can get in 1st gear.

We make custom units with custom maps. E.g. you may want a special mode where ATRE is activated from the second or third gear.

Heres a questio: When I shift to 6th,the display sometimes reads 0 sometimes 6th,is this normal?

(nitrousjunkie @ Apr. 12 2007,14:24) Heres a questio: When I shift to 6th,the display sometimes reads 0 sometimes 6th,is this normal?
I would think not.
Unless you are in neutral it should not display a "0".

......I do not kow what it would display between gears as in a missed gear?

(BlueHaya @ Apr. 13 2007,02:flamethrowing:)
(nitrousjunkie @ Apr. 12 2007,14:24) Heres a questio: When I shift to 6th,the display sometimes reads 0 sometimes 6th,is this normal?
I would think not.
Unless you are in neutral it should not display a "0".

......I do not kow what it would display between gears as in a missed gear?
Maybe I need to adjust the shift linkage,maybe its reading in between because it might not be adjusted properly.

(Youkai @ Apr. 12 2007,13:30) I have a GiPro on the way for my bike but I still am unclear about the TRE settings after looking at previous posts.  

I have a custom tune and wish to keep the current mapping for 5th and 6th gear.  Would this be the "normal" setting on the TRE or the 6th gear setting?

Also, the connections are at the back of the gas tank.  Do you need to prop the tank up to get to the connections or can you access them by removing the seat?

I saw a moderate walk-through but that was mainly for a speedohealer.
You will need to take the left side plastic off to run the wiring... at least i did. I ran my cable along the same route as the stock harness and zip tied it...

I don't mean to take over this thread but I have an acumen on my wifes R6 and it will not work properly with the speed healer. When the healer and acumen are both pluged in the acumen is all over. But when the acumen is pluged in by it's self it wroks fine. Has anyone els had that problem.
rock.gif

(katman @ Apr. 12 2007,18:29) I don't mean to take over this thread but I have an acumen on my wifes R6 and it will not work properly with the speed healer. When the healer and acumen are both pluged in the acumen is all over. But when the acumen is pluged in by it's self it wroks fine. Has anyone els had that problem.  
rock.gif
ranman, had that setup and I don't think he had any problem. He has the GiPro now. Shoot him a pm and see what he says.

Back