Topspeed, enough even on one wheel
Performance, 0-300km/h 9.1 second

see this bike live?

Related links
http://ghostridermovie.net

/ Hittis

<!--EDIT|Hittis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091392973 -->

hmmm, lots of 1k parts, not sure if its really a busa anymore (if ever) but looks good....sounds pretty strong too
cool.gif

hehehehe why doesn't GR man up and ride the busa with full fairing? ? just kidding! Thanks for the heads up, Hattis! I been a supporter all along and look forward to Ghost Rider 3

hehehehe  why doesn't GR man up and ride the busa with full fairing? ?   just kidding!  Thanks for the heads up, Hattis!  I been a supporter all along and look forward to Ghost Rider 3
Your welcome
smile.gif

The "old" busa had a fairing run with a little lowered chassi.
The result was 270Mph, and you proberly have read about it in this forum under racing. Some people belive it, some not
sad.gif

There is only one problem, tires. The old one blistered and the brake distance increased 100% witch ended with a %#&#%¤4
I think only there are 15" tires able to handle that speed?

/ Hittis

Yes some believe and some don't, I for one don't 270mph is not possible on a open bike.  Some of the best and fastest Busas all over the world have only hit 250's.  The new bike looks good although not much left to call a Busa.  
biggrin.gif
 Thanks for the info and the pics.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091408079 -->

A beautiful beast. That is so right, on so many levels.

I think it has a stock radiator, BTW, and maybe a stock engine case. Let's just say, however, that he started with a Hayabusa and somewhere along the way it grew into something significantly more sinister
firedevil.gif
grim.gif
muscle.gif
beerchug.gif

i like it alot
i like it better then the old one.
question:
how did the 1k parts fit?
just bolt on or did he have to do some other mods to put the tank tail and seat on?
if its a simple switch and bolt that might just be my next busa only in yellow.
rock.gif

I went 310mph on my stock Hayabusa plus some special sprockets according to my GPS on a 10 mile strait here in Iowa.  Unfortunately, I was alone so no one else saw it, and my GPS battery ran out completely a few days later before I could take a picture of it.  so no one belives me.  oh well.  I should have worked harder at documenting it to be believed.  I used Tomahawk tires cuz, you know

it's still fun living vicariously thru Ghost Rider's insane driving.  next, I'd like to see a pack of 3 or 4 Ghost Rider's racing thru traffic!  With maybe a heli-cam over head.  Just keep it overseas though, that stuff don't go over well here in the states.  oh hey, while I'm ranting, the dual front and rear cam window on GR2 sucks because both pictures are too small to be appriciated even at 36" glass TV.  
sad.gif
 Maybe use the DVD multi angle button - now THAT would be something.  anyway, still looking forward to the next one... and the next one..and the next...

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091459053 -->

I went 310mph on my stock Hayabusa plus some special sprockets according to my GPS on a 10 mile strait here in Iowa.  Unfortunately, I was alone so no one else saw it, and my GPS battery ran out completely a few days later before I could take a picture of it.  so no one belives me.  oh well.  I should have worked harder at documenting it to be believed.  I used Tomahawk tires cuz, you know

it's still fun living vicariously thru Ghost Rider's insane driving.  next, I'd like to see a pack of 3 or 4 Ghost Rider's racing thru traffic!  With maybe a heli-cam over head.  Just keep it overseas though, that stuff don't go over well here in the states.  oh hey, while I'm ranting, the dual front and rear cam window on GR2 sucks because both pictures are too small to be appriciated even at 36" glass TV.  
sad.gif
 Maybe use the DVD multi angle button - now THAT would be something.  anyway, still looking forward to the next one... and the next one..and the next...
Wow!! you would need geaing of 26Front and 35 rear to ht those speeds in miles per hour.  Don't worry about not having pics of the GPS.  No one blieves the speed because even a 5 mile per hour head wind and the laws of physics say NO to that speed.  However maybe the GPS was reading KPH?

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091473648 -->

sad.gif
Wow!! you would need geaing of 26Front and 35 rear to ht those speeds in miles per hour.  Don't worry about not having pics of the GPS.  No one blieves the speed because even a 5 mile per hour head wind and the laws of physics say NO to that speed.  However maybe the GPS was reading KMP?
Did I say 310? I meant 351. I dunno nuttin bout the theeth as my mechanic set it all up for me. Also, I used aircraft grade tires instead of Diablos for the uber high speeds... and I had a tail wind of about 34mph which helped. after the speed was sustained the slow down process was interesting. the excessive vibrations and force of air at that speed had loosened most of the busa shell so everything started falling off or tearing away which reduced my aerodynamic in a big way but slowly and safely. and there was a cop with radar at the other side waiting for me - handed me a $72,000 ticket, which I paid out of pocket on the spot. .... then the Swedish Bikini Skydiving team landed and the celbration began...

sad.gif
Wow!! you would need geaing of 26Front and 35 rear to ht those speeds in miles per hour.  Don't worry about not having pics of the GPS.  No one blieves the speed because even a 5 mile per hour head wind and the laws of physics say NO to that speed.  However maybe the GPS was reading KMP?
Did I say 310?  I meant 351.  I dunno nuttin bout the theeth as my mechanic set it all up for me.  Also, I used aircraft grade tires instead of Diablos for the uber high speeds... and I had a tail wind of about 34mph which helped.   after the speed was sustained the slow down process was interesting.  the excessive vibrations and force of air at that speed had loosened most of the busa shell so everything started falling off or tearing away which reduced my aerodynamic in a big way but slowly and safely.  and there was a cop with radar at the other side waiting for me - handed me a $72,000 ticket, which I paid out of pocket on the spot.  .... then the Swedish Bikini Skydiving team landed and the celbration began...
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

I like the bike, but it seems pretty senseless putting a turbo on a semi-naked bike. Still love it!
Well, we not use fairing that much, becouse our main reason for this bike is to set high speed wheelie records. using a fairing then, makes the bike unstable from sidewinds.
And the wheelies are from 4th gear shifting up the gbox.

This summer we aiming for 217.526Mph (350Kph)
Our earlier record, still written in Guinness is 201.3Mph (323.9Kph)
With a CBR 1100 XX Turbo Intercooler

So I hope that answers your question about fairing.

Best regards / Hittis

Last edited by a moderator:
Hittis, I'd personally love to see more BUSA action on some future ghost rider. I'm sure a 1000 is plenty quick for freeway racing... but the Busa is faster! ...and get out on that Autobaughn and show the authroities why they need that 300km limitation! ;)

Curious, which brand and style of tire are you guys running on your higher speed runs?

love the look but don't believe the 270 mph hype.

if he was the fastest why not prove it on the flats in the great USA.
smile.gif

love the look but don't believe the 270 mph hype.

if he was the fastest why not prove it on the flats in the great USA.
smile.gif
If you guys know some company that will help us come over to the "Great USA" dont hesitate to contact us.
We will run 270Mph and only on a asphalt track/road
with the busa using fairing and just a little lowered chassi. (not streamliner!)

For you wondering why on asphalt.
The salt have a limit comparing to downforce and chaindriven wheels. We think it will make the wheel spinn.

Our goal in 1999 was to get sponsors in US, and to set wheelie records there. But when we told them how fast we was aiming for (200Mph), they (Big lubrication companys), just thought we was dumb idiots and it was a big scam.

/ Hittis -

SWT Racing
Box 4287
102 66 Stockholm
Sweden
Fax:0046 8 7760232
Email: patrik@swt-racing.com

<!--EDIT|Hittis
Reason for Edit: "fairing and little lowered chassi."|1091525859 -->

Back