Get out and ride people!!!!

Little slick for me to ride till probably May
IMG_0330.jpeg

Sadly our riding season has come to an end......I will keep my bike ready just in case we get an odd nice day but for the most part it will be getting ready for winter storage....
just getting started for some of us. Burned through a tank of gas on thursday (took day off from work so I could ride). Left the house with temps in the upper 60s. It was a beautiful day and I was glad that I was able to blow the spider webs off the busa.

Don't you guys have snow machines ? If I'd lived in the Great White North I'd be putting a Gen II motor in one of those things LOL.
Some factory sleds have over 200hp..and are boosted from the factory.

The issue with snowmobiles is complicated....their season is short too and you can only ride on approved trails which are patrolled extensively...

A sled can cost upwards of $20k, then insurance, license and trail fees....not an inexpensive hobby....last year the trails weren't open until end Jan and closed mid March...not much of a riding season...

Growing up in Michigan I had a few memorable opportunities to ride snowmobiles (Yamaha SRX, Phazer and V-Max). Super fun. Just awesome. But like BB, the short season would be a no-go for me. I chronically struggle with anything that sits for too long. I'd like to look into renting a machine for an organized trail ride. Just show up and go.

Growing up in Michigan I had a few memorable opportunities to ride snowmobiles (Yamaha SRX, Phazer and V-Max). Super fun. Just awesome. But like BB, the short season would be a no-go for me. I chronically struggle with anything that sits for too long. I'd like to look into renting a machine for an organized trail ride. Just show up and go.
I have a neighbor that has 3 adult sleds and 3 child sleds....he has a pile of money tied up in them and seems always stressed that he won't get a decent season....

I've been tempted a few times to get another one especially after a good snowfall and the sounds of sleds going by on the trails....if I had a bit of property that I could just go ride one without being on the trails and all that comes with that, I'd probably get a decent used one...

They are a lot of fun afterall.....

Rode over to the next town for a coffee. When I got there I realized I had forgotten my phone. So I sat on the porch, on a sunny fall day, looking at the Suzuki and counting the Christmas trees going by on cars. It was glorious.

Back