Are people insane???

Nsauble

Registered
The new 08 Busa is out. I have seen 07's going for 9,995. I went to two different shops with a friend today and I was blown away. An 05 with 18,500 miles for $10,599 stock, an 07 for 12,995 stock. The killer was an 06 LE with a 240 rear tire kit and some frame plugs for $18,999 and it had over 10k on it. Are people out of thier minds. The guy running the shop said he had three people running credit for the 06 LE. Are people that dumb. They even had an 03 gixxer 600 for 7,999, because it had custom pink paint and matching riding gear. WTF, had the world gone mad.
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

In Pennslyvania, I have seen better prices around here I just was stunned by what these places were trying to pull. I was just in shcok that this shop threw on a 240 kit and demanded another 10,000 for it.

A douche in the store actually told me I could not find a custom busa like that one cheaper. I did not know throwing a 240 kit on a stock bike made it a total custom bike.
laugh.gif

I picked up my 06LE in late Aug, this year for 9000. The actual value was 11,300, but the guy had to get rid of it!
woot.gif

Ray wilt Honda or now Hanover power sports used to sell at almost dealer pricing ($500 over normally)...went out to look at an 08 and they said they would knock $300 MSRP for me
hello.gif

They then proceeded to tell the girlfriend that the setup fee paid them to assemble the bike because it comes in a crate and everythign needs to be assembled. The motor takes them an entire day and at their shop rates they actually lose money selling you a bike.
shutup.gif

Salesman didn't like it when I called him a liar and told him what they really installed on the bikes since I have bought 8 in the past and saw the 08 come in the door in the crate. If you need a bike in Pa, let me know I will point you to a dealer hopefully in your area of the state.

Gettysburg, wow I am down in Hanover. I know how powersports/wilts is, they are shady. The places I was at was up in York near the Galleria Mall. I was looking with a friend for something. I just wanted to see the LE they had because I was bored.

I got my 06 LE in August of 06 for $11,400 OTD. Sticker price was $11,500, but I was going to get a CBR 1000 RR for $10,500 so the salesman said "I'll give you the Busa for the same price as the RR"' and I said OOOOOOOOOO KAYYYYYYYYY !!

Then when I was leaving they (2 salesmen) were saying "BE CAREFULL, you don't just have a Busa, but you have a LIMITED EDITION, so take it easy" !! And my dumb a$$ that knew nothing about Busa's except they were crazy fast was like....YEAH,YOU KNOW IT !!! You can imagine how I felt when I found out LE meant BLACK FRAME....HAH HAAAAAA !! DIRTY *&^%$%#^#@'S Not to mention the LE's cost $1,000.00 more

Liberty Cycle Center hooked me up in Sept.'06 w/'06 blk&burg,plus Icon Daytona,and a Scorpion helmet out the door for 10k. I was happy compared to other 'deals' I was offered by several other places.Sure pays to shop around.

My wife, ,y kids, my neighbers, my kids friends, and a few other people all say that I'm a little on the koo-koo side
moon.gif

Gettysburg, wow I am down in Hanover.  I know how powersports/wilts is, they are shady.  The places I was at was up in York near the Galleria Mall.  I was looking with a friend for something.  I just wanted to see the LE they had because I was bored.
Action powersports is overpriced....never quoted or even been in "Big boys toys." I suggest a trip to Woodward's ATV in Lewistown or Cherry Hill Suzuki toward Philly...there's a place in Baltimore also but the name alludes me right this minute.

well I would not expect any dealer to sell at a loss.. I would not be surprised to see an 06 go for 9500-10G OTD.. taxes are going to be 700-900 in most locales.. I paid $8900 less taxes on mine in OH

Best thing to do is buy 2 at a time !!!!
laugh.gif
Wilt in hanover treated us like royalty (before powersports)
They treated you like royalty or they gave it to you royaly?
laugh.gif

What was your OTD pricing on your 2 busas?

Keep in mind that the bikes haven't changed a lot lot since 99 and dealer pricing hasn't either...neither has the setup procedure.

I bought my only single new bike from Woodward's ATV in Lewistown for $8999 and on the road for about $9500. I bought bikes three at a time at wilts and NEVER got a similar deal. My first new bike (a gixxer) I bought from Wilt's and took the quote to action in York only to receive a lecture about how they needed to make profit to keep the lights on. Wilt's honored the same deal with a smile...

Oh the good ole days.

laugh.gif

Yeah ever since Wilt sold out to powersports I have heard and experianced nothing but bad dealings with them.

Back