GenI vs. GenII in the looks department

In your opinion, what bike looks better?

• GenI

Votes: 86 34.4%
  • GenII

Votes: 164 65.6%

• Total voters
I've have been thinking about modifying my front nose to use a Gen2 headlight. Maybe a winter project.

I like gen 2 not only because I have one but for some reason I just like the gen 2 better, now that doesnt mean I dont like gen 1.. lol.. just my two cents..

I like my gen 1 busa and my wife like the looks of it to!

The best of my Wife Sue on my 2000 Busa.jpg-06.jpg

I cast my vote. Like the saying dont know what you got till its gone??? I think the `03 i used to have looked better. Not sure exactly why..hmm think the painted frame and swingarm makes it look a little cheaper and less "high tech", the graphics are more cheap looking too (I had the black/silver`03),the tail light bulbous thing dont do a whole lot for me,...I have a new GenII sitting in the garage with less than 1k miles on it so I guess I will learn to love it too...oh one more thing...what was wrong with the first gen. exhaust?...oh and have I mentioned before the wheels dont look like they have the sparklies in the paint (i have not looked close to confirm this).
I`m done now:whistle:

I voted Gen II because that's what I have. But in reality, I still love the look of the Gen I. It took awhile before I came around to the Gen II. And that was do to some of the sick bikes you guys have put together and posted for us to enjoy. And for that I thank you all. :bowdown:

I voted Gen II because that's what I have. But in reality, I still love the look of the Gen I. It took awhile before I came around to the Gen II. And that was do to some of the sick bikes you guys have put together and posted for us to enjoy. And for that I thank you all. :bowdown:

Welcome aboard!!! :welcome:

:welcome: and post a pic of your ride!

The look of both can be "cleaned up" but I think the Gen I has less complex lines to it and therefore combines "clean yet aggressive" to a higher level when massaged.

P1020650.JPG

Both bikes look fantastic and compliment each other as being the best in each of their own eras

For that reason I have not voted.

Can't understand why the Gen 2 is so far ahead in the poll, still thought there would still be more Gen 1 owners out there?

Best regards Stretch.

I like everything about the Gen II except the tail section. just could not warm up to the rear of the bike looking like the front of the bike. just couldnt get past it.

I still like it just not as much as the Gen I. two each his own I guess but when I was lookn to buy another bike I could have bought a Gen I or II and it had nothing to do with cost.

It took me a long time to like the looks of the gen1. then i bought it now i love it. Guess it's like kissing a frog and getting a beautiful princess or maybe rose colored glasses. But hey, they are both H:beerchug:ayabusa's and we know how good they are.

When the Gen II first came out I struggled with it, but it quickly became my favorite. As you can see I still couldn't get away from my favorite colors though :laugh:

Front.jpg

Side.jpg

Rear.jpg

Back