GenI vs. GenII in the looks department

In your opinion, what bike looks better?

• GenI

Votes: 86 34.4%
  • GenII

Votes: 164 65.6%

• Total voters
Gen1 front fairing/headlight, gen1 tail, gen2 engine, gen2 2nd gear, gen2 side plastics.

1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mechanically I can't argue the genII, but sorry, the looks department, I'm just won over with the genI. Especially in the rear. would give thought to a 1.5 GenII front and genI rear.
I agree, I like the gen2 front half, nice aggressive look....but that gen 2 tail doesn't blend with the rear wheel position or size at all, its just all wrong for the bike. A gen2 with a different styled tail would suit me fine though :laugh:

I've had both. Overall I like the II better but I miss the handle in the left side of the gen 1 tail.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah and really, there's not a true Gen1 section and the GenII is still out numbered in volume of total bikes sold and out there .

Octane - is there all that many stock compression GenI's out there ? :thumbsup:

I could not cast my vote. I had an `03 mostly back(blue)..even the wheels my `11 model is mostly black(blue)..but did Suzuki save some money and go w/plain black wheels? I have to look closer at them wheels.
Is that true there are more GenII sold in what? 3yrs of production compared to (?) 8 or 9 yrs of GenI ???
Another question is did they make the seat on the GenII for a larger butt???
The seat don`t seem as comfy on this new one.
After I have had this one awhile, and maybe it `grows on me` i will come back and vote....for now though, leaning more towards Gen!.
Anyway you look at it it`s still a `Busa...yep! large powerful machine..looks to be going triple didgets sitt`n on the side stand!

ea8f4763.jpg

I like the way my gen 1 looks........

I agree, I like the gen2 front half, nice aggressive look....but that gen 2 tail doesn't blend with the rear wheel position or size at all, its just all wrong for the bike. A gen2 with a different styled tail would suit me fine though :laugh:

I think the Gen2 tail looks much better when the bike is strecthed; the tail section flows with the rear tire when the rear tire sits a little past the taillight. The stock look to me just doesn't blend with the rear wheel. It kind of looks like a Volkswagen fender over a wheel. IMO

Itake back my gen 1 vote,i have both ,as far as looks go and only looks i love them both.Now if it were performance of course id go with the gen2.

Back