Gen3 Titanium bolts and nuts addiction

All i want now is this

Screenshot_20230709_191752_Chrome.jpg

I ordered fairing, fender and windscreen titanium bolts from ProBolt. Couldn't not do it after realizing titanium hardware will look better than OEM bolts with white vinyl overlay.

Is anyone else disappointed that ProBolt isn't (and hasn't for a long time) been under TastyNuts (or something like that) anymore? If I remember right, it was late 2000s when they changed over,.

Oh man, been down this road so many times with past bikes. With this bike I only changed out nut or bolts that are either unsprung weight or rotating mass... Anything more than that I feel the money is better spent towards motor work. But that's just me... I completely understand the addiction

Anyone found the bolts for the dogbones yet? Probolt had some that were really close in size. They are large and so easy to get to.

I’d be hesitant to use TI on a bolt that takes so much stress like that. Isn’t the rule with TI fasteners no load/heavy weight?
I'm pretty sure Ti is the superman of the metallurgical world. I've read it as being brittle in some circumstances but compared to its overall strength is nothing beyond what we are using it for...... but what do I know lol

Also the only titanium chain that I've found was 520 pitch. Has anyone seen a 530?

Last edited:
I ordered fairing, fender and windscreen titanium bolts from ProBolt. Couldn't not do it after realizing titanium hardware will look better than OEM bolts with white vinyl overlay.

Is anyone else disappointed that ProBolt isn't (and hasn't for a long time) been under TastyNuts (or something like that) anymore? If I remember right, it was late 2000s when they changed over,.
I use aluminum to hold plastic fairings. Bought them in a kit on ebay. Can also find nylon washers at home depot. Just have be careful how much you tighten them. I also use nylon for areas like the tail section. Honestly the tail in some spots has alot of tension and seems to hold itself. Could save some $$ for some other fun stuff....

Aluminum is lighter than Ti so for weight savings it's typically used in non-stress areas. For structural areas always make damn sure it's grade 5 Ti. Grade 2 is pure and lighter, but not near as strong.

Came across this the other day, thought the first parts were interesting.

The Story of Titanium

Updated all my bodywork bolts for aesthetics, but did compare weights of the side and fork bolts.

Pic of all the stock hardware I replaced. The only bolt that isn't lighter was the windscreen bolts since they're aluminum. But at least I don't need torx bit to remove body work now. Could have saved some more weight if I'd used aluminum washers.

Since they didn't have shoulders, I printed some. Just snug enough that they thread onto the bolt which keeps the Ti washer centered when installing. Don't believe they're needed but since I can, I did.

PXL_20230715_175855793.jpg

PXL_20230715_175904612.jpg

PXL_20230715_181246654.jpg

PXL_20230715_181253395.jpg

PXL_20230715_181312563.jpg

PXL_20230715_181334321.jpg

PXL_20230715_181355533.jpg

PXL_20230715_181414244.jpg

PXL_20230716_001348411.jpg

Since they didn't have shoulders, I printed some. Just snug enough that they thread onto the bolt which keeps the Ti washer centered when installing. Don't believe they're needed but since I can, I did.

I wish I had a 3D printer. I’m jealous of the stuff you make. I have a lot of ideas and just no way to make them a thing.

Updated all my bodywork bolts for aesthetics, but did compare weights of the side and fork bolts.

Pic of all the stock hardware I replaced. The only bolt that isn't lighter was the windscreen bolts since they're aluminum. But at least I don't need torx bit to remove body work now. Could have saved some more weight if I'd used aluminum washers.

View attachment 1668761

View attachment 1668762

View attachment 1668763

View attachment 1668764

View attachment 1668765

View attachment 1668766

View attachment 1668767

View attachment 1668768

View attachment 1668769
Very very nice work can you share the fairings and fender bolts size? Thank you

Back