Bang for the buck parts Gen3

Robert 0046

Registered
In general terms of what parts to buy at a good price wich parts do you think are the best bang for the buck they could be lighter, titanium, Carbon, seat, exhaust, wheels, tires, oil, filters, swingarms, let us know thank you.

Vortex rearsets - $300 gives you the ability to completely change the ergonmics of your bike without having weird shifter angles
lithium battery - $300 for weight savings
ABS/Emissions delete $700? - 10+ lbs and frees up tons of room under the tank
Lightweight wheels - ?$?$?$?$ 10ish lbs of rotating mass completely changing the characteristics of the bike making it ride and handle much lighter than it already does
44/45 tooth rear sprocket - $45 really wakes the bike up regardless of your riding style without sacrificing any freeway behavior (or $200 to go 520 like I did)

If I was going to do my bike all over again, this + the carbon headlight is where Id start (not including full exhaust, stacks, filter, tune) I think between those listed above and the ehxuast you'd also cut 65+ lbs of weight both sprung and unsprung weight.

Honorable mention to:
new swingarm - $700 My bike rode better at +2 than stock length, I'm +6 now and turning is definitely impacted but straight line and freeway stability is much nicer.
Having the forks and shock revealed for your specific weight and riding style - $600 if using stock shock $1500 for stock forks and penske rear I think these go without the needing to explain.

Who did you have do your re-valving?
A local place. I found out where all the track guys go and took it there and am happy I did. We sat down face to face and went over more than just “I roll race” and dialed everything in. Then once I picked the bike up he had me go ride around and we adjusted more based on the feedback.

Vortex rearsets - $300 gives you the ability to completely change the ergonmics of your bike without having weird shifter angles
Lightweight wheels - ?$?$?$?$ 10ish lbs of rotating mass completely changing the characteristics of the bike making it ride and handle much lighter than it already does
44/45 tooth rear sprocket - $45 really wakes the bike up regardless of your riding style without sacrificing any freeway behavior (or $200 to go 520 like I did)

If I was going to do my bike all over again, this + the carbon headlight is where Id start (not including full exhaust, stacks, filter, tune) I think between those listed above and the ehxuast you'd also cut 65+ lbs of weight both sprung and unsprung weight.

I tried adjusting my shifter and brake this weekend, something I've been wanting to do since I started wearing riding boots. It is more comfortable now, but downshifts are kind of a pain. Is this similar to your weird shift angles? I may need a set if so, plus more leg room is nice.

I tried adjusting my shifter and brake this weekend, something I've been wanting to do since I started wearing riding boots. It is more comfortable now, but downshifts are kind of a pain. Is this similar to your weird shift angles? I may need a set if so, plus more leg room is nice.
Yeah. When I was using drop pegs if I put the lever where I wanted it it often times wouldn’t have enough rotation/force to go from 2-1. With the vortex pegs because it changes the angle of everything passed on peg position you can always have ideal geometry. Cyclegear has a universal shift rod kit that I used and a few other guys I’ve talked to have used to get everything to fit perfectly.

With the Vortex rearsets, was the Brocks side stand necessary?

Brocks/ Corbin seat you dont wait much to get it and you dont have a headache when it arrives it comes as announced only down side its heavy.

With the Vortex rearsets, was the Brocks side stand necessary?
Mine are set up all the way down and back, and they needed the Brock stand to clear the shifter. I think if they were one hole up it would have been fine. I needed the stand anyway with how low my bike is and had been putting it off lol

Mine are set up all the way down and back, and they needed the Brock stand to clear the shifter. I think if they were one hole up it would have been fine. I needed the stand anyway with how low my bike is and had been putting it off lol
Awesome, thanks for the info.

Yeah. When I was using drop pegs if I put the lever where I wanted it it often times wouldn’t have enough rotation/force to go from 2-1. With the vortex pegs because it changes the angle of everything passed on peg position you can always have ideal geometry. Cyclegear has a universal shift rod kit that I used and a few other guys I’ve talked to have used to get everything to fit perfectly.

Thanks for the info. I have a feeling this will happen for that reason and gain some leg room is always a plus.

Thanks for the info. I have a feeling this will happen for that reason and gain some leg room is always a plus.
If you set the pegs all the way up down and back, you'll need a brocks/aftermarket kickstand that doesn't have the bend in it or the shifter will hit the kickstand. I still think its worth it though.

Back