Bang per buck.................

delboy

God save the Queen.......
Donating Member
Registered
Hi Guys and Gals,

winter is here in the UK and the Fatherland so its time to rap the busa up. Over this cold and wet period I plan to do the following mods:-
1) Airbox mod.
2) Pair removal
3) Full exhaust replacement
4) PC III

My question to the learned members  
bowdown.gif
is what is the best bang per buck in exhausts, me thinks a Carbon Muzzy is the order of the day, but I could be wrong ? Also what power increase can I expect after a trip to the Dyno ?
beerchug.gif

muzzy is the bang for the buck but the carbon can jumps the price quite a bit.power increase as far as numbers?I don't know.seat of the pants says hell yea.

I was told to expect around 12 h.p. gain with a full exhaust. I DO like the Muzzy, I have a full Hindle, and they sound almost a like. You could p.m. jessup, he has a carbon Muzzy, and he likes it, and it sounds great.

most of your aftermarket pipes will give you 10-15 hp gain (with the other mods you described).The key to HP is a good dynotune by a qualified operator.The weight savings is also significant when going 4 into 1.
biggrin.gif

TSUKIGI SPEC 2 , HANDS DOWN WITH A GOOD TUNER AND SOME SMALL MODS, EXCELLENT BUILD QUALITY AND AWESOME SOUND!
thumb_up.gif

Muzzy,s hands down is the best bang for the buck. Seat of pants Dyno will tell you the same. $497.00 from M.C. Mart #916-344-3421.

Most agree that Muzzy is best bang for buck. HOWEVER....

I priced the Muzzy CARBON can when I was in the market and found that it jumped the price up to the range of other "better built" exhausts. If you really want a carbon can, you can get Akrapovic or Hindle w/ carbon for about the same $$$. I paid $935 for my Akra Race w/ carbon can - shipped to my door. The build quality and fit on Akra's is better, Hindle is next best but both are better than Muzzy IMO.

If you aren't determined to get carbon and will be happy w/ stainless or aluminum - Muzzy is a good budget exhaust that makes good numbers. The carbon can limits you to fewer to choose from.

I HAVE A FRIEND WITH THOSE MODS THAT YOU LISTED AND HE WAS RUNNING 164.7 HP , I HAD A BROCK HINDLE WITH THOSE MODS AND WAS RUNNING 167 HP , I WENT TO A TSUKIGI SPEC 2 WITH THOSE MODS PLUS SHORT STACKS AND MADE ALMOST 17O HP. YOU ARE RIGHT  "SEAT OF THE PANTS" WILL SHOW WHICH PIPE MAKES MORE POWER, BUT IT IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE TUNER YOU GO TO, FORTUNATELY I USE THE BUSA DOCTOR (STEVE) @ SMITHERS CUSTOMS,IT IS ALL BASED ON PERSONAL PREFERENCE. JUST MY 2 CENTS.
cool.gif

If you can get an Akropivic race for the same price as the Muzzy, snatch that up, don't even think about it !!

KEY WORD... QUALIFIED tunner !! Not too many around, and I don't know of any in England ? I know this spring I'm going to see Greg (GPW), in Maryland !!

YES IT DOES BUT YOU ALSO HAVE ALOT OF NEW TECHNOLOGY TO BOOT, I STILL LIKE THE LOOK OF THE OLD OVER THE NEW BUT I THINK THE LONGER THEY ARE OUT THERE IT MIGHT GROW ON ME ALSO.

Divide hp gain by $ and see what comes out best hp/$ ratio,unless money is no issue...

164 to 170 hp with all those mods.makes my 176 stock 08 seem like a deal.
yea but my OTD price leaves me 3G for mods
smile.gif
I think I can make 200-250hp for that 3G whoooosh....
I've been considering the same thing. For the difference in trade I can have a brand new stock 08, or one hell of an 06. I would love to have a new bike, but I can't ignore The possibilities with the one I have.

Back