Gen3 - couldn't be more disappointed

My old super black bird had linked brakes. Felt good for street riding, I liked it.
Now this is a new topic but Gen 3 has set the stage for Honda to come out with a killer new black bird product that blows team green away too, wouldn’t that be something.
The black bird was a bike I was looking at along with the zx12 before I got my first hayabusa. I think it would be awesome to see them update it. Imagine if they tweaked a few engine internals and increased the displacement 40cc's...

The black bird was a bike I was looking at along with the zx12 before I got my first hayabusa. I think it would be awesome to see them update it. Imagine if they tweaked a few engine internals and increased the displacement 40cc's...
The new Blackbird will in fact be an Africa Twin with a different fairing and suspension apparently.
And won't be called Blackbird obviously.

Just reading a review of the new Triumph Speed Triple... 30bhp than old model more yet Euro 5 complaint...

Shame on you Suzuki shame on you!
We get it, you're not happy (personally I was hoping for more also) but at this point I'm glad we even have a Gen-3. Many bikes are killed as a result of Euro5 (R6, FJR1300, etc). Suzuki will hear loud and clear based on the market demand, complaining non-stop will do very little.

Suzuki knows that a $30k+ 300hp Busa would be cool but the typical buyer would be priced out of the segment. At least keeping it affordable people can modify them to what they want. We all know how much improved the Gen-2 was over a Gen-1. If the Gen-3 is anywhere close to the same improvements over the Gen-2, it'll be an amazing machine.

My only real concern is the ECU and how long it will take before it's unlocked...

Keeping it affordable? I guess some of us have a different definition of affordable when it comes to a $20,000 motorcycle.

In defence of the Phat Bus though, it's never been a slow bike and hasn't suddenly become one with the new generation. Sure there might be litre bikes with more peak horsepower but the key word is "peak"... who rides at peak all the time? Mid-range power and torque wins on the street and the 'Busa still has plenty in those departments.

At the end of the day if you like the Gen3, buy one. If you don't, don't. Want more than it has to offer? Build your own... lots of clean, low-mile Gen2s out there. Hot-rodder's creed: Built. Not bought.

Keeping it affordable? I guess some of us have a different definition of affordable when it comes to a $20,000 motorcycle.

In defence of the Phat Bus though, it's never been a slow bike and hasn't suddenly become one with the new generation. Sure there might be litre bikes with more peak horsepower but the key word is "peak"... who rides at peak all the time? Mid-range power and torque wins on the street and the 'Busa still has plenty in those departments.

At the end of the day if you like the Gen3, buy one. If you don't, don't. Want more than it has to offer? Build your own... lots of clean, low-mile Gen2s out there. Hot-rodder's creed: Built. Not bought.
Yeah the busa has upgrades for todays "new buyers" market. all the guys i knew that purchased a brand spanker over the years owned it because of the cool factor and could afford latest model bikes, none of them wanted to g ride fast like "street racing or serious drag guys who are plain nuts" but those nuts guys are into peak horse power doesn't matter if its a busa or litre bike, if your into street riding torque is what you want because you need it to push weight on tap , this era have taken the street riders capability to be able to hop on and go full power 4,5and 6 to an incredible level already, anyway i enjoy buying a used bike it means i can have more for less

I just find it funny that people keep complaining about the price.

In 1999 the Busa had an MSRP of $10,499.

1999 Mustang Cobra was $28k.
1999 Corvette Convertible $45k
1999 F250 Crew Cab Lariat $30k

2021 Mustang GT500 $74-95k
2021 Corvette Conv $67-90k ($120k+ for a ZR1)
2021 Ford F-250 Limited $85k (F350 $100k)

Everything has increased in price because of inflation, technology, and government mandates. People want Suzuki to build the “fastest bike in the world” but they don’t want to pay for it. H2 is $29k, M1000RR is $32k, V4R $48k, and they just get more expensive....

I know people aren’t happy but it’s still a bargain compared to anything else you can currently buy new!

Suzuki went to all those meets and saw that 70% of Hayabusas were modified so probably thought why spend all that extra time and money on a new frame and engine just to have everyone modify it anyway

Last edited:
My thread... my right to be butt hurt after 14 years.. your right to ignore me and buy the damn thing!!!
When I purchased my Gen2 back in 2009, my son in law who was 1/2 my age said I am crazy, that fat lady is way too heavy. He purchased a 1k Gixxer. Besides him being lighter and a fitter better rider than me, he killed me in the twisties and on the straights I could not really outrun him. If one does the math, between the two, the watts/kg gave neither bike an advantage, the Busa just had torque as an advantage, was a lot more comfortable and a nicer ride overall.

Suzuki will sell more Gen 3’s than the competition, being ZX14’s or H2’s. And, the modified Busa will remain king on the strip, which is quite some achievement.

So, wipe you tears, save some money, buy a Gen1 and put a turbo on it.

Suzuki went to all those meets and saw that 70% of Hayabusas were modified so probably thought why spend all that extra time and money on a new frame and engine just to have everyone modify it anyway
No they decided to save cash and use clever marketing to make everyone think that by blowing $2000 on an exhaust and ECU flash it’ll be ‘as quick if not a bit quicker than a 14 year old bike’..

And unfortunately as we love our bikes to bits they’ll get away with it!!! This forum seems to be full of Boy Scouts singing their praises... we should all vote with our feet!

No they decided to save cash and use clever marketing to make everyone think that by blowing $2000 on an exhaust and ECU flash it’ll be ‘as quick if not a bit quicker than a 14 year old bike’..

And unfortunately as we love our bikes to bits they’ll get away with it!!! This forum seems to be full of Boy Scouts singing their praises... we should all vote with our feet!
Well, one thing's for certain, the bike is released and there is not one thing we can do about what it is or what it should have been....

I'm also certain each and every copy of the bike will sell and people who buy them will be happy with their purchase.

Well, I for one am no longer a Suzuki fan. Over the recent years, they cut corners on bikes so they are second tier. I remember when I was really a proud Suzuki Fanboy. Their stuff was always "affordable" but they did that while being first-rate performers. The Gixxers were the best sportbikes around for the road and track, the Busa ruled the roost. The audacity of a BKing. Even bikes like the RM's and Bandits, SV's all were intriguing motorcycles. Suzuki is pushing out market-tuned products now. Middle performers with equipment that must be changed out for something aftermarket approaching acceptable performance. To be honest the only bike they sell I would consider is the Vstrom.

I'm sure the new Busa is a great bike and it's only down a few hps which it makes up with a massaged powerband. No thanks, This bike is about more than that. Yes, I'm old. Yes, I don't ride as fast and recklessly as I once did. But I still know a soul when I see it.

Well, I for one am no longer a Suzuki fan. Over the recent years, they cut corners on bikes so they are second tier. I remember when I was really a proud Suzuki Fanboy. Their stuff was always "affordable" but they did that while being first-rate performers. The Gixxers were the best sportbikes around for the road and track, the Busa ruled the roost. The audacity of a BKing. Even bikes like the RM's and Bandits, SV's all were intriguing motorcycles. Suzuki is pushing out market-tuned products now. Middle performers with equipment that must be changed out for something aftermarket approaching acceptable performance. To be honest the only bike they sell I would consider is the Vstrom.

I'm sure the new Busa is a great bike and it's only down a few hps which it makes up with a massaged powerband. No thanks, This bike is about more than that. Yes, I'm old. Yes, I don't ride as fast and recklessly as I once did. But I still know a soul when I see it.
I'm still a fan of Suzuki, I still like my current bike and all the other Suzukis I've owned.

I guess like many companies, Suzuki has gone down the "rabbit hole" between cost and performance. Suzuki has huge gaps in their line up though. I think they thought the GSX line was going to be their saviour.

I imagine many Honda owners were very disappointed the Black bird disappeared from their line up as well.

This dammed BMW owners always sticking their noses up at our Suzuki's :poke: :lol:.

Back