Gen3 - couldn't be more disappointed

Might want to check your latest and greatest liter expensiveiter bike theory guy's...

It has been said this version of the GSXR was the best one to roll out of the factory...in 2005...this is 2021 many of the other You Tube comparison videos don't even include the GSXR

Might want to check your latest and greatest liter expensiveiter bike theory guy's... :rolleyes:
Lol that's some cheesy ass video that's not even worth watching after the two minute mark. The current GSXR wipes the floor with the 05 generation. Almost sound like the corporate team who try to relive those days with the current line up but manage to zap power and "based off the 2005 engine".

If the 2005 was so great,why isn't anyone running it in the current series across the globe?.

Might want to check your latest and greatest liter expensiveiter bike theory guy's... :rolleyes:
LOL, that one has been posted three times now, but folks don’t understand the fact that horsepower and bling means nothing when it comes to Newtonian laws and the 9.81m/s2 gravity Mother Earth bounds us by.

Lol that's some cheesy ass video that's not even worth watching after the two minute mark. The current GSXR wipes the floor with the 05 generation. Almost sound like the corporate team who try to relive those days with the current line up but manage to zap power and "based off the 2005 engine".

If the 2005 was so great,why isn't anyone running it in the current series across the globe?.
Never said it was the greatest but people are crying for a 200hp fly wheel rated bike and the latest tech from Ducati got mopped by a 15-year old bike.

It has nothing to do with it, latest series bikes aren't even OEM equipped machines. Are we really comparing "street" bikes to $100k+ fully modified super sport race spec bikes?

I think the biggest disappointment for me is the lack of weight reduction. That's free horsepower and think the money should have been spent there. I really could care less about all the electronics, other then the cruise control. The bad news for me is I sold my mint 3500 mile '12 limited thinking I would buy the Gen 3 when it came out. I did buy it in '13 as a left over, so I stole it and got my money back on the sale...

Never said it was the greatest but people are crying for a 200hp fly wheel rated bike and the latest tech from Ducati got mopped by a 15-year old bike.

It has nothing to do with it, latest series bikes aren't even OEM equipped machines. Are we really comparing "street" bikes to $100k+ fully modified super sport race spec bikes?

I think the biggest disappointment for me is the lack of weight reduction. That's free horsepower and think the money should have been spent there. I really could care less about all the electronics, other then the cruise control. The bad news for me is I sold my mint 3500 mile '12 limited thinking I would buy the Gen 3 when it came out. I did buy it in '13 as a left over, so I stole it and got my money back on the sale...
It does have weight reduction where you'll notice with the wheels. Subframe lost 1.5lbs and exhaust lost 4.5lbs. It's nothing crazy but it did lose some weight. Depends really if you keep your bike completely stock or not..

This came down to riding ability, suspension set up and familiarity with the bike. I wanna see the ducati with the updated rear shock and proper suspension set up with better riders I will bet my pay check the ducati will be way faster.

This came down to riding ability, suspension set up and familiarity with the bike. I wanna see the ducati with the updated rear shock and proper suspension set up with better riders I will bet my pay check the ducati will be way faster.
It would have been

I think the video was put together nicely and enjoyed it. Pity they could not include a GSXR1000R in that test. But come on, the Ducati has to be tweaked with additional bolt ons to compete with a 16 year old bike having 50,000+ miles on the odo.?

What most here miss and keep missing is that the useable horse power limits were reached years ago on 1K bikes, more makes no difference.

What most here miss and keep missing is that the useable horse power limits were reached years ago on 1K bikes, more makes no difference.
I personally don't know how much more they can go with performance in motorcycles they give to the general public. Lots of people (many on here) modify their bikes to the extreme but for everyday riding, how much of that power can one really use??

If there had never been a limit placed on bikes, where would an open street dominance war end up I wonder??

They are both average riders that do track days. If a normal person can't do any better on the latest and greatest, then is it really worth the price? So a $29k bike needs suspension updates to compete with an old tech $5k bike?

My point was the added PEAK power and bragging rights does very little in the real world. The new Busa got updated where it counts and will excell even more. If people want to modify them for racing and peak power then that's very easy to do.

I personally don't know how much more they can go with performance in motorcycles they give to the general public. Lots of people (many on here) modify their bikes to the extreme but for everyday riding, how much of that power can one really use??

If there had never been a limit placed on bikes, where would an open street dominance war end up I wonder??
Agree 100%... that's why the changes to the Busa will improve it in the real world. Everyone is so wrapped on PEAK power and it's irrelevant with restricted ECU's..

LOL, here is a thread I posted many years ago below, kudos to Cap for running an excellent site with a search which actually works. See linky at the bottom.

From the thread below, the statistical hypothesis is:

47% of riders will be very happy with the Gen3
28% will be OK with it
10% will be disappointed a little
11% will be a bit more disappointed
4% will be extremely disappointed

And then there is Arch, he lost both his bragging rights, plus he normally goes full throttle all the way into 6th gear, with the rev needle in the maximum horsepower range all the time.
200.gif

Full throttle through 1st & 2nd | General Bike Related Topics

@Got-Busa? that's the point I'm getting at.... 99% of riders wouldn't be able to use 100% of a 125 on a track let alone a 250 or 600. The ducati is the latest and greatest and without rider ability or knowledge of suspension set up it won't be quicker than a updated suspension on a older 1000 with average riders. I'd say 99.9999999% of riders wouldn't be able to use the ducati to 100% of its capabilities that video is so over used with way to many variables I laugh everytime someone brings it up. HP Numbers are just for chest puffing since most wouldn't be able to harness 100% of it on a track, until you start getting into roll racing and drag, which I enjoy and do were the average person could harness 100% of it ls power in a straight line.

the war for speed will be under 190 mph. It will be about how quickly you can get there. Because of the electronics, we can make safe bikes pushing 300 hp. Electric bikes, maybe even quicker. Look at muscle cars, electronics has made 700 hp factory cars drivable.
I would rather protect my PE. Are you a R.A. or an AIA?

If so, you may be at risk when you ride in that war.

Muscle car with 700hp = 0.23 hp/lb

New Busa with 187hp = 0.32 hp/lb

Last edited:
I would rather protect my PE. Are you a R.A. or an AIA?

If so, you may be at risk when you ride in that war.

Muscle car with 700hp = 0.23 hp/lb

New Busa with 187hp = 0.32 hp/lb
Yes, I'm an RA (registered Architect) in several states and a member of the AIA. As I have said, I am an old man now so I'm not a player in those speed games. I have run the Busa out in 6th gear many times though. We have roads here that are miles long and I have never seen another car on at certain times of the day. But I just don't think 220-230 is crazy power on a bike with TC, wheelie control, and advanced IMU control of the bike's attitude. I get what you all are saying, but it goes back to my old quote: "People ask me why I need a motorcycle that goes 200 mph. Well, I don't need it, I want it."

Thinking about this logically is truly missing the point. So stop being such an engineer and think like an architect - kick the can because we can! (I am joking @jellyrug, I know you could never lower yourself to being an Architect).
Slide1.JPG

Last edited:
Yes, I'm an RA (registered Architect) in several states and a member of the AIA. As I have said, I am an old man now so I'm not a player in those speed games. I have run the Busa out in 6th gear many times though. We have roads here that are miles long and I have never seen another car on at certain times of the day. But I just don't think 220-230 is crazy power on a bike with TC, wheelie control, and advanced IMU control of the bike's attitude. I get what you all are saying, but it goes back to my old quote: "People ask me why I need a motorcycle that goes 200 mph. Well, I don't need it, I want it."

Thinking about this logically is truly missing the point. So stop being such an engineer and think like an architect - kick the can because we can! (I am joking @jellyrug, I know you could never lower yourself to being an Architect).
View attachment 1632510
Yeah brotha, 220hp would have been nice, but it is what it is. I think it is going to sell though and will be interesting to see what happens when they unplug it.

Put real riders on both and the Ducati would walk it all day long.

Regardless what the Ducati has, it’s sold as an oem bike with factory upgrades right?. Like the GSXR is with BFF Showa forks.

Back