Gen3 - couldn't be more disappointed

Yep, electronics and lighter weight costs money, even more than motor work. I suppose I’d enjoy the QS even though I don’t drag race. I’d like a shift indicator (my 2018 Kawasaki has spoiled me). I’d probably like ABS too but not linked brakes. As for ten levels of all the other riding modes offered, I’m a tad apprehensive as to their real world value.
Mode selector: ;)
20210208_122035.jpg

I love the look of the Gen 3 but I'm not nor have I ever been a fan of nannies. These bikes aren't for beginners so I don't understand the need for wheelie control, traction control, etc.

All in all I like the new bike but I understand a lot of the frustration. But it is about money and to do what most people want done to the gen 3, most people wouldn't pay $30k for a Busa.

Suzuki went the alternate route with the new Busa. Away from performance and upgraded everything else. All they did was use tech from other bikes in their lineup and apply it. Surprised they didn't make it more of a touring bike with bags and taller windscreen..

I think the traction control, additional features and displayed data will make the decision between a race replica and the Hayabusa far more difficult for track riders and others who enjoy the curves greatly.

I personally have no want for rider aids. I do see Suzuki's point though as they made the bike easier to push hard right out of the box. I think this opens up the market for the bike, particularly among those younger people for whom everything has to be electronic.

I am curious about opinions of the combined braking system. I think that is going to turn off riders and worse yet magazines that tend to universally roast this feature. While I am fine with it on my VFR, it seems odd for Suzuki to add this highly polarizing feature to a well-known, historic performer.

You straight line racers racers out there, is the combined braking system enough to make you opt out, all else being equal? Or would you happily buy the bike and gut the system? There will be no tire warming fresh out of the crate!

Back