Gen3 - couldn't be more disappointed

Actually no, that's not a Busa. Maybe a good bike, but just like a repackaged GSX1000 is not a Katana...
I don't know man, between you, me and the sign post...
I get what you're saying; it's not what we hoped for :beerchug:

Busa 3.jpg

That may be how it is now, but that's not how it always was.
That reminds me of me. The older I get, the better I was.

On the GSXR 1K, MotoGP champion or not that bike is 4 or 5th in class performance-wise.
There is a video here somewhere with two riders doing best track times, one on a 2006 GSXR1000 with tons of miles on the odo, stock and the latest greatest Ducati. Both riders posted better times with the GSXR. They went as far as taking the Ducati back to the dealer to check that all works perfect, still the Gixxer was a bit faster.

I was also expecting a Busa blowing everything else away, but respect Suzuki's way of marketing and not entering the yuppy contest.

How many H2's have sold?

Just the name Kakasaki already chases me away.

All in all, I am very happy with my Gen2, there is nothing out there that lures me.

Non technical folks get blown away by specifications on paper. Let's wait to see what the new bike actually does, before being so critical.

This talk of age, of before, reminds me of 1979. The Kaw Z1 and the Zook GS. Yeah the Kawi might have pulled a few feet in the straights but get into the turns and riders being equal, the Zook would show its taillight. 40 some years later, here we still are.

This talk of age, of before, reminds me of 1979. The Kaw Z1 and the Zook GS. Yeah the Kawi might have pulled a few feet in the straights but get into the turns and riders being equal, the Zook would show its taillight. 40 some years later, here we still are.
The last Kawasaki I rode was a new 1973 Z900, new bike. Down the straight on a track at around 110mph that thing got a speed wobble and almost killed me. They had an issue with flex where the swing arm mounts. I looked good at the new ZX14 and if one looks beyond the paint job, there are lots of cheap automotive engineering details hidden. It is not for me.

I owned a ‘79 KZ1000 and a ‘79 GS1000E, bought both new back to back after the Z was stolen. No comparison handling wise. The Kawi was frightening (to be kind) in the twisties.

In 79 my CBX dusted them all, barely, but dusted them all the same at least in a straight line. The next Suk got a lil stronger, barely. :D

Wow, you guys are tripping. You realize this is a 2022 model and they have to meet modern day emission standards. This thing's got three catalytic converters and a drive-by-wire system. I can guarantee you that they are playing with the throttle opening to keep the emissions in check. I bet that once you put an exhaust system on it and get the ECM sorted out, you might see close to 200 horsepower at the tire.
Yes but a 14 year old Gen2 does that already... I think you are missing the whole point... we didn’t wait this long to get the same as what we already have... we expected a new Busa... a new ‘baddest bike on the planet’ to kick the competition into touch...

I think that ad showing $27,000 is Australia. I saw an ad saying "starting at $27k Australian dollars." That would be $20,700 US.
that's what I thought at first, but the guy who posted initially said the one he priced was in California. I'm not sure if the screen capture from Facebook is the same guy, though. I've looked but there are literally hundreds of posts on the Facebook group

that's what I thought at first, but the guy who posted initially said the one he priced was in California. I'm not sure if the screen capture from Facebook is the same guy, though. I've looked but there are literally hundreds of posts on the Facebook group
WOW maybe the $27k is all optional equipment included? That's what I would want and that is too expensive for me.

I'm probably one of the few that likes what Suzuki has done with the Gen 3 Busa. I use my bikes for sport touring and moving the bars back, cruise control and heated grips are a big plus. Not fond of the pricing and charging extra for some of the add ons, but nothing is getting cheaper and it is loaded with fresh technology.
Like the previous gens there is plenty of power waiting to be had for those who desire to mod and the plus is it sounds like they beefed up the motor. Like some have said, I'm just glad the Busa is sticking around. With Honda's Blackbird gone long ago and Kawasaki looking to drop the 14 there still is a big powerful sport tourer that will log the high miles.
It will probably be a few years before I commit to buying one and hopefully there will be some deals on carry overs or low mileage examples. Anxious to read some real world reviews in the near future.

I'm probably one of the few that likes what Suzuki has done with the Gen 3 Busa. I use my bikes for sport touring and moving the bars back, cruise control and heated grips are a big plus. Not fond of the pricing and charging extra for some of the add ons, but nothing is getting cheaper and it is loaded with fresh technology.
Like the previous gens there is plenty of power waiting to be had for those who desire to mod and the plus is it sounds like they beefed up the motor. Like some have said, I'm just glad the Busa is sticking around. With Honda's Blackbird gone long ago and Kawasaki looking to drop the 14 there still is a big powerful sport tourer that will log the high miles.
It will probably be a few years before I commit to buying one and hopefully there will be some deals on carry overs or low mileage examples. Anxious to read some real world reviews in the near future.
Maybe that’s the problem; they have lost the Busa DNA (by saving money) to give the world a sports tourer with electronics to aid the people scared of the old bikes power. Maybe that’s the idea now....

For me it’s not a Busa if it doesn’t scare me. The new one won’t.

I don’t want a S1000RR but maybe that’s where we have to go now for cutting edge... what a shame!

Back