Gen3 - couldn't be more disappointed

In the race world yes , but in everyday real world reliability , and low warranty costs by a manufacturer is a no with out a redesign . Example ZX based engine from 1056 cc to 1164 cc aka 1100 to 1200 required 2 mm additional wider block / head = new cases , and crank change .

Manufactures do not want warranty or recalls .
Do not take my opinion on the new engine as defense to Suzuki rather more a why X 1340 cc is not a suitable candidate for a big CC jump for mass production without issues down the road .

Something to see will be the Dyno run after a ECU flash , and exhaust .
Anyone notice the B king radial mater cylinders ;)
Completely agree. I hoped they would have had one, but I understand why they didn’t do a 1441. Kawasaki had an easier time of it as their engine design is different than Suzuki. They also have tons of reliability issues with poor oil ports on the crank and other problems. Suzuki at 1340 is kind of like a v8 in a Crown Vic. It lugs along, doesn’t make the most hp it could but is dead reliable. Couple turbos later and it’s alive.

Price 18,xxx seems outlandish to many I'm sure. I purchased a left over 14 in 2015 for 12,994 after TTL .
My 2012 FJR1300 bought in December of 2011 was 16,9XX after TTL . 2020 Tiger 900 GT 15,5xx after TTL
left over 2018 Tiger 1200 XCX MSRP 20,890 was 14,890 ( big bang for the buck ) truly great bike for the money spent .

Bikes today are on par for what you are getting . Look at new cars / trucks as a base model now is 20,xxx car and truck is 30,xxx for base trims , and more common trims are low 30's , and mid 40's for trucks .

We have BMW's that are mid 20's for a mid trim GS1250 K1600 GT

What is nice @ 18 you get a bike you can still self service for the average person .

Gen 2 was 16,xxx msrp

Suzuki only had 13 yrs to get it right......

I re-watched the tech video and there is a statement in that video which symbolizes the bike "an incredible performance potential waiting to be tapped"

Here's an outstanding video on the subject...

I'm sure once you pull the eurotrash 5 exhaust off and tune she will jump up, but personally it should be the fastest straight line N/A bike now and 5 years in the future 100% stock. Disappointing.

I like the new fairing and stock quick shifter. Some of the other electronics are good add-ons, too.
However, expected more from the update. Just add my voice to the chorus of disappointment.
The leftover 2019 I bought at a bargain price last spring, looks even better now.
I wouldn't pay 20K for the Gen 3 - but the issue isn't my personal finances. Part of the Gen 2 Hayabusa's charm was it's relatively low price. Now it is in the range of Euro bikes, which are sexier, and can compete in the power wars.
Not sure what Suzuki was thinking.

Actually why do most buy these bikes? Is it for the peak power? I ask because most I seem to hear on this site talk about not revving over 5000rpm and babying their bike around on the streets while ranting about the civility of this beast. Just coming on here asking why their secondary injectors don’t seem to be working. I think the Busa is just as popular for it “around town driveability”as it is it’s all out performance.

I on the other hand and sound like you are the same hit the upper rpm range just about each time I venture out on mine lol.
for me at least every ride involves some near 11,000 revs , and my motor has done 99,400 miles
now that is some engineering feat - well done suzuki

In the race world yes , but in everyday real world reliability , and low warranty costs by a manufacturer is a no with out a redesign . Example ZX based engine from 1056 cc to 1164 cc aka 1100 to 1200 required 2 mm additional wider block / head = new cases , and crank change .

Manufactures do not want warranty or recalls .
Do not take my opinion on the new engine as defense to Suzuki rather more a why X 1340 cc is not a suitable candidate for a big CC jump for mass production without issues down the road .

Something to see will be the Dyno run after a ECU flash , and exhaust .
Anyone notice the B king radial mater cylinders ;)
I understand manufacturing. My office is about 60 feet from our crankshaft line. The 3mm reduces head gasket reliability with power adders, but I believe n/a would be fine. Heck, power adders reduce reliability stock bore. A 2 mm bore increase is safe. I believe Kawasaki went from 1342 to 1441 with the same bore spacing and no issues. Even if Suzuki felt they had to grow the engine and revise the frame then do it. Compromising a 2021 motorcycle with a design from the previous century leaves me disappointed, especially at that price point.

Dennis $ may be rich for some but in todays terms its on par for a 10K bike 20 years ago . Look at car , and truck prices for a mid trim lvl . To me bike cost today is not the deciding factor. Being a 1 car family ( empty nesters ) who enjoy our bikes more than cages we tend to not get to price point on them .
Her 2020 Tiger 900 GT was 15,5xx

Dennis $ may be rich for some but in todays terms its on par for a 10K bike 20 years ago . Look at car , and truck prices for a mid trim lvl . To me bike cost today is not the deciding factor. Being a 1 car family ( empty nesters ) who enjoy our bikes more than cages we tend to not get to price point on them .
Her 2020 Tiger 900 GT was 15,5xx
Understand. My disappointment is that Gen1 set the bar. Gen2 matched the bar the 14 set, at least for a couple years. This one doesn’t meet the bar. Not as bad as a Mustang 2 but similar to a 1973 Grande.

Waited 14 years and we end up with basically a dressed up Gen 2... same frame and engine... but less power and less range!!!

Yes it looks nice, the new brakes are a decent updgrade and the gadgets are OK, but WOW did they miss an opportunity by not giving us something all new.

I was expecting the fastest bike in a straight line after all this time!!! We just get a blinged up version of what we already have!!!!

I'm afraid Suzuki have lost their way. Re-freshing old stock just doesnt cut it anymore IMHO.. so sad!

I'll be going out and giving my Gen 2 a clean up and sticking with that... Gutted.. totally gutted... :(

Understand. My disappointment is that Gen1 set the bar. Gen2 matched the bar the 14 set, at least for a couple years. This one doesn’t meet the bar. Not as bad as a Mustang 2 but similar to a 1973 Grande.
Lol!!

I re-watched the tech video and there is a statement in that video which symbolizes the bike "an incredible performance potential waiting to be tapped"

The best ever

0260EBB4-E430-4F16-B590-DDBE745CE060.jpeg

All Suzuki needs to do is to keep selling the busa any way they can. They made the old bike slower, dressed it up and called it a Gen3. The people who just bought a Gen2 are rejoicing. My god, if there are any newbies out there buying a new busa, I hope they come here to get the scoop first. Dealerships will have a hard time pushing this one. The price of used Gen2s in good condition just went through the roof.
Even my 2016 @ 148000kms ?

Back