Gen3 - couldn't be more disappointed

Jza

Registered
Waited 14 years and we end up with basically a dressed up Gen 2... same frame and engine... but less power and less range!!!

Yes it looks nice, the new brakes are a decent updgrade and the gadgets are OK, but WOW did they miss an opportunity by not giving us something all new.

I was expecting the fastest bike in a straight line after all this time!!! We just get a blinged up version of what we already have!!!!

I'm afraid Suzuki have lost their way. Re-freshing old stock just doesnt cut it anymore IMHO.. so sad!

I'll be going out and giving my Gen 2 a clean up and sticking with that... Gutted.. totally gutted... :(

J

Waited 14 years and we end up with basically a dressed up Gen 2... same frame and engine... but less power and less range!!!

Yes it looks nice, the new brakes are a decent updgrade and the gadgets are OK, but WOW did they miss an opportunity by not giving us something all new.

I was expecting the fastest bike in a straight line after all this time!!! We just get a blinged up version of what we already have!!!!

I'm afraid Suzuki have lost their way. Re-freshing old stock just doesnt cut it anymore IMHO.. so sad!

I'll be going out and giving my Gen 2 a clean up and sticking with that... Gutted.. totally gutted... :(

J
Well said

All Suzuki needs to do is to keep selling the busa any way they can. They made the old bike slower, dressed it up and called it a Gen3. The people who just bought a Gen2 are rejoicing. My god, if there are any newbies out there buying a new busa, I hope they come here to get the scoop first. Dealerships will have a hard time pushing this one. The price of used Gen2s in good condition just went through the roof.

All Suzuki needs to do is to keep selling the busa any way they can. They made the old bike slower, dressed it up and called it a Gen3. The people who just bought a Gen2 are rejoicing. My god, if there are any newbies out there buying a new busa, I hope they come here to get the scoop first. Dealerships will have a hard time pushing this one. The price of used Gen2s in good condition just went through the roof.
I must have missed the info about less power . Can you explain how

I'm so sad right now 187bhp 111tq. What? in 2022? So you expect me to pay $18,599 for a slower bike with a bunch of electronics? No thanks. Gen 2 it is for me. So disappointed. And they say they even tested a 6 cylinder turbo before deciding on the same engine....WTF Suzuki

This bike is going to be a huge whiff. Suzuki had the opportunity to make the Hayabusa something special again...

The upside to this updated Gen 2 is you get all the electronic bells and whistles..for less hp and range...

That being said, there will be a few of them sitting around gathering dust. I guess there was no Suzuki rep secretly hanging around our site judging by this offering. Kawasaki has won the battle of street dominance afterall.

I'm going out to the garage and hugging Bumblebee...

Last edited:
I must have missed the info about less power . Can you explain how
Don't know exactly how it lost power but I suspect the exhaust and YES even the engine tweeks. Smaller throttle bodies. Down 8 peak hp. Down 3 torque (yowieeee). Fuel economy DOWN 50 mpg to 42!!!!! That's right, less power, more gas. Man you were never in your life so right being wrong by buying a Gen2.

How do these companies not have people whos job it is to report back to the company what the people want? I know its all a numbers game but damn. Talk about just completely missing the mark....

Others smarter and more well versed than me will be able to answer this, but I cant help but think the reason we may not have seen a factory 1441 would be the meat between the cylinders being tough to keep a head gasket from the factory for the length of time they want the engine to be reliable without studs. I keep telling myself thats why they didnt do it.

How do these companies not have people whos job it is to report back to the company what the people want? I know its all a numbers game but damn. Talk about just completely missing the mark....

Others smarter and more well versed than me will be able to answer this, but I cant help but think the reason we may not have seen a factory 1441 would be the meat between the cylinders being tough to keep a head gasket from the factory for the length of time they want the engine to be reliable without studs. I keep telling myself thats why they didnt do it.
Suzuki updated everything else in the engine, they could have easily made it a larger displacement-all that effort to redo the existing engine....

Now I can't wait to see one on the road....and then blow by it......

Ill wait to actually see / ride one before discussing possible mistakes on Gen 3 . Coming off a 207 RWHP 113 tq Gen 2 I know what to expect in performance .
From reusing as much as possible the company stays in the green . Keep in mind there may very well be a hidden Easter egg in the ECU ;)
Not many Birds stay stock long , and Suzuki knows this .
The header looks well designed for power , and the cat is moved far back appearing it may be removed with slip on cans. The wheels are new , and lighter i'm sure , but the swing arm still had the adjustment bolts located to low wearing on the axle blocks . I wonder what total weight reduction is ?

Suzuki updated everything else in the engine, they could have easily made it a larger displacement-all that effort to redo the existing engine....

Now I can't wait to see one on the road....and then blow by it......
It is not easy to increase displacement . Going to a reliable 1441 equals a wider block / wider cases = means different engine . Total retooling of factory to make a engine . a Wider engine by a several mm's makes for frame / body work changes = a domino effect costing $$$$$$$

Ill wait to actually see / ride one before discussing possible mistakes on Gen 3 . Coming off a 207 RWHP 113 tq Gen 2 I know what to expect in performance .
From reusing as much as possible the company stays in the green . Keep in mind there may very well be a hidden Easter egg in the ECU ;)
Not many Birds stay stock long , and Suzuki knows this .
The header looks well designed for power , and the cat is moved far back appearing it may be removed with slip on cans. The wheels are new , and lighter i'm sure , but the swing arm still had the adjustment bolts located to low wearing on the axle blocks . I wonder what total weight reduction is ?
Weight reduction? Its 582lbs wet. I think that is more than Gen2. I imagine you could shed a lot of that instantly with an exhaust and some other stuff tho...

Back