Gen2 double intake cam, timing?

medicbaldwin

Registered
I'm planning to install double intake cams and adjustable cam gears on my gen 2 busa. What cam timing should I be setting this up for?

Motor is all stock. It’s a full drag bike, is not ridden on the street, track only. Full slider clutch, side winder exhaust, boostbysmith flashing software.
It’ll b getting a ported head and eventually 1441.

As with everything in motorcycles, changes are very fluid. My plans of a 1441 in the future has been immediately turned into a 1407. Found a good deal on some new pistons and a used block, so that's what's happening very soon. The topend stuff will remain the same.

Well.... this escalated quickly. One set of marketplace JE pistons quickly turned into a second block and cylinder head. Both block and head are on their way back from having machine work done. Once put together this will be a 1407 with 12.5:1 CR, megacycle cams and a very solid head setup.
With that said, what fuel should I be running? I'm fine with running 2 different fuels, as I'll be ET racing more than index racing. When index racing i'll also be spraying a little nitrous, so, I know i'll be needing a high octane fuel for that.

For the last 2 years with the motor completely untouched, I was running T4 with really good luck and consistency. I'm not sure if I can still runT4, without nitrous. I figured with nitrous i'd run c12 or c14.

Thoughts??

I'm planning to install double intake cams and adjustable cam gears on my gen 2 busa. What cam timing should I be setting this up for?

but it is clear to you that the IN camshaft only causes a slight increase in lift than the EX and whether this is ultimately noticeable.

as far as I know, the fact that the IN fits , purely mechanically , in place of the EX has already been tested by various others and described as practical.

I remember my brother rebuilt an engine in a car once, he bought a big cam, a special head, had it bored out and installed trick pistons. Special manifolds and carbs. It was all high-end stuff but at the end of the day the thing was gutless. He just something wrong in the recipe, some mismatch between the elements. That's the trick, getting everything perfectly matched. Sometimes you'll never know how much you're out by too, it takes a good mechanic with a lot of prior knowledge of an engine to do it right.

I remember my brother rebuilt an engine in a car once, he bought a big cam, a special head, had it bored out and installed trick pistons. Special manifolds and carbs. It was all high-end stuff but at the end of the day the thing was gutless. He just something wrong in the recipe, some mismatch between the elements. That's the trick, getting everything perfectly matched. Sometimes you'll never know how much you're out by too, it takes a good mechanic with a lot of prior knowledge of an engine to do it right.
I have a turbo Garrett G 42-1200C 10 to 1 JE custom pistons custom Carrallo rods head port 1 mm over size valves ported head. I will run VP C16 and VP M1.

So where the hell do you ride that, the Bonneville salt flats?
Hi. It will be one of my street bikes. It is also my LSR bike. I am trying to set record for street driven bikes. Looking to go at least 278.6 MPH. From street use to LSR the only chanes will be a tune and a rear wheel and gearing change and tail so l can give my girl frind a ride on it. I also want my daughter to ride it and set a record for woman.

Hi. It will be one of my street bikes. It is also my LSR bike. I am trying to set record for street driven bikes. Looking to go at least 278.6 MPH. From street use to LSR the only chanes will be a tune and a rear wheel and gearing change and tail so l can give my girl frind a ride on it. I also want my daughter to ride it and set a record for woman.
passing the torch

OK, well you obviously know what you're doing so have fun there mate. As for me, I tend to be going slower as I age lol. Perhaps that will change a little when I get the cataract removed from my eye ;)

Back