Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Keep my Gen II, won't upgrade

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Go from Gen I to Gen III

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Go from Gen II to Gen III

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters
Selling the Busa, put it back to Stock. Not happy with it.
It had problems since i bought it!
Thinking about Trading in the yellow school bus or adding a Cow 2 the collection??

The salesman was tryin 2 get me 2 take a test ride but I was scared....:hide:

Scared I'd pull back in 2 my garage with Another bike :rofl:

It is good 2know that a fellow busa rider has taken 1 for a spin and was impressed :beerchug:

Dammit John now I'm in my head trying 2 rationalize buying another sportbike :banghead:

Ha sorry to bring it up lol. We haven't even gotten one in Cali yet. Waiting to see if it will be legal...... Oh well. Time is coming soon to move anyway.

Oh, and for the anti electronics crowd. The ebr WSBK bike has mechanical traction control, sounds wicked.

Ha sorry to bring it up lol. We haven't even gotten one in Cali yet. Waiting to see if it will be legal...... Oh well. Time is coming soon to move anyway.

Oh, and for the anti electronics crowd. The ebr WSBK bike has mechanical traction control, sounds wicked.

Not trying 2 turn this in2 an EBR thread...:laugh: but I'd check around or look on their forum site. I'm pretty sure that the way Erik designed it with that swirl induction it meets CA emission standards. That's 1 of the points the salesman kept going back 2 how it is so fuel efficient that it has some of the lowest emissions ratings of any bike out

I might throw a harness on it if stays though the winter, but well see
Geez... sorry 2 hear that. if a bike is giving a Busa Guru you problems then something is wrong 4 real :banghead:

if the Hayabusa is redone, the gen 3 better put down more than 300hp.
i'd like to see a factory turbo on the thing.

for me to buy one it would need a hand full of factory tour options. gps, usb ports, hard bags, taller windscreen, stereo might be nice too.

Ooo I can just see it now. a good lookin 300hp Suzuki Hayaconnie.

I could see an attraction to a GEN III,
with a few simple mods done at the factory.

1) Widen the bore spacing by about 1/4 inch.

(That MIGHT widen the engine by 3/4 inch at the most,
and only at the cylinder for sure.)

2) Increase the bore by maybe 8mm.

3) Lengthen the stroke by another 5mm.

That would allow a factory displacement
of 1,742cc.

Since we know we can overbore today's Hayabusa by 4mm,
we could have the bike up to about 1,900cc with little expense.

A small stroke of an additional 4mm,
allows a displacement of over 2000cc.

If a STOCK 1300 will run 192 MPH (like mine did @ Maxton),
could a "prepared" 2000cc variant post 300HP and 270 MPH
WITHOUT a turbo, and plenty of running room ?

Please lord, pick me !

I wouldn't trade up for those modest gains in power and for the launch control. I've got a powerful, fast motorcycle, plenty enough so for me, I have another motorcycle that will go anywhere on or off road (enduro bikes > "adventure" bikes), I think my next bike will be a little 250 or 300 ninja I can ride like an insane man through the twisties, and I'll be set. Except I may need a cruiser too... Hmm.

IMHO these are my guesses for a Gen III. 100cc more displacement than the ZX14 = 1550cc with the expected horsepower gains this will provide. Electronics like the BMW s1000rr. Maybe cruise control. Maybe paddle shifters. 20 lbs or so weight reduction coming mainly from a lighter exhaust such as a dual Yoshi R77. New body style. Price increase in the neighborhood of $1499.00.

Why does it need 100cc's more than the zx14r? Bigger does not always equate better or more HP..... compare the HP of a 14r and that of a Beamer or Panigale :whistle:

If you want electronics like a Beamer I would suggest just buying a beamer..... Your not gonna get BMW technology/quality for less than the price of a beamer. Even if Suzuki was 2 go all out and offer a similar package it wouldn't be available for the Hayabusa.... The busa is a sport/touring motorcycle :rulez: that's the classification of this bike so why would they put "race technology and features 4 racing on a bike that is not intended 4 racing??? They would offer it for their GSXR models

Cruise control is a definite viable option geared towards a "sport touring" motorcycle so I would expect something like that. As far as weight reduction that can be achieved easily through aftermarket parts. Lately they've been offering Yosh slipons as a factory rebate so I don't see why they wouldn't keep that option available. Buy a lithium battery and you whoila!! you've shed off 20lbs.

As far as paddle shifters go idk if that's something I'd want on a busa?? Quickshifter maybe but I've never rode a bike with paddles so I can't say and seeing how none of their bikes have this feature very doubtful the Gen3 busa will either. What are you looking for as far as body styling change? They gotta keep the trademark Hump. Only thing I say improve upon is adding an LED headlight. Some of the newer bikes are coming factory with an LED headlight and they are awesome, talk about illumination :thumbsup:

Other than that maybe offer some options like GPS /interactive dash, heated grips, and factory paint 2 match hard bags

Back