• Go from Gen I to Gen III

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Go from Gen II to Gen III

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
If Suzuki had to launch a Gen III, with 210 hp at the back wheel, ABS, Traction control and weighs about 50 lbs less, how many current Gen I and Gen II owners would trade up? Retails for $19,000. Means sell your current bike and buy the Gen III.

If that's all they did to the Gen 3 I would not bother...
Regardless though I would not sell my Gen 2, if I ever find my Gen 1 Ill buy it back and if/when a Gen 3 comes out Ill probably by it as well unless as stated above...No need to sell prior models...I feel the need to own one of each Gen for some reason...

ABS + Traction control would be nice, but I only have a couple seasons on mine, so I wouldn't bother upgrading. More power doesn't interest me in the least.

I think upgrading would make no sense. ABS and TC are nice, but honestly they are compensating for rider error most of the time, and create a false sense of security. Did you know that car stats/research show that ABS did not reduce the number of rear end accidents as ABS proponents promised? Dang, one doesn't need to do a research to know it - it's a simple consequence of how ABS functions. Yes, I know, there are few cases when they really help... and if you really must have it, then go for it.

So, if I take a Gen1 which is worth let's say $5k on trade in, and add $14k to pay for Gen3, and then add probably close to $2k for taxes, fees, etc. I would be out of $16k! For this amount, I could turn my stock Gen 1 into probably a Stage 2 turbo with 300-350 hp, plus a bunch of suspension and other upgrades, and likely to have funds left for riding gear, gps, bluetooth, GoPro and bunch of other small stuff, and still have some money left in my pocket to take friends out, and to keep buying gas/tires/brake pads/oil - cause those will be burning up pretty quickly. :devil:

No way, Jose! It's like doing this to your hard earned money: :flush:

I don't see it being 210 hp and I don't see it being 50 lbs lighter. At my age I will be happy to keep my Gen II as the last bike of my life and be the owner of a classic and an icon.

didnt leave a spot in the poll for switch brands all together.

Suzuki always seams to behind all the other's. There are so many different bikes coming out this year its crazy.
I personally think, that bikes Like the New Kawi H2 is the way of things to come. With the exception of the 1986 GSXR 750 that so changed the sportbike to a true Hyper sportbike.
My input on the Busa and ZX14's, its a motor cycle class that still has interest but Yamaha and Honda have both stepped away from. The market just doesn't need them as much any more. Liter class bikes can stay right with us, and some get there faster.
Great things can come in smaller packages, but what is the longevity going to be of the smaller packages. Stay tuned, so to be seen.
I will always stick to this though,,
THESE'S NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!

retail for 19k? I'd rather buy a ducati diavel at that point. Would be the same cost.

suzuki needs to step up their game by a significant margin.

My input on the Busa and ZX14's, its a motor cycle class that still has interest but Yamaha and Honda have both stepped away from. The market just doesn't need them as much any more.

I believe the Busa/ZX14 had its time, but it is over. The younger buyers today want performance with track handling, bikes fast but lighter than a Busa. For sport touring the Concours and its competition still has demand.

retail for 19k? I'd rather buy a ducati diavel at that point. Would be the same cost.

suzuki needs to step up their game by a significant margin.

A diavel?? Might wanna consider another bike..... Don't get me wrong I love the look of Ducati's and I would really want to get my hands on a Matte Black Panigale 1199S but I haven't heard 1 good thing said about them diavels... there's a ton of them 4 sale on CL and I always hear about issues on forums which makes me pause and wonder why soo many people are trying 2 get rid of em :whistle:

I think there should be another choice on the poll of just buying a Gen3 by itself. I've put too much time and $$$ into my Gen1 just to get rid of it. But if the Gen3 comes out and catches my eye and has some nice features I may be inclined 2 buy it outright. Gonna take a helluva lot more than ABS and TC tho......:whistle:

I've already got this busa modded out 4 performance. It's lighter than most with more HP/torque to get the job done 4me. I'm looking for more of a sport touring bike. Something comparable 2 the Concourse just not as hideous.... sorry Flicka :laugh:

Hard bags, Cruise control, GPS, Power outlets 4 accessories etc. That would get me in the dealership.

$19000? IF Suzuki charged that much it would be like them shooting themselves in the foot.

In this market they would have very few sales.

My bike is fast enough for me, so I would be looking for other features.
But at 19K I'm pretty sure I would keep my Gen I. It's paid for and runs fine.

I noticed that the OP hasn't said what he would do - he only posted the question. ???

If it was 19 grand I would keep my gen I and buy this. More hp AND torque than my Busa factory.

image-3297100959.jpg

Love them EBR's!! :thumbsup:

They got a few @ a local dealership. Look great and they literally run neck & neck with the Panigale's on the track. They have a ton more Torque and HP in the midrange RPM's which is where most riders need it.

Those EBR's started out around $19k but now they are priced around $16k and since it's an American company they are offering great finance rates on em. If I didn't just dump a ton of $$$ into my busa I would be all over this deal!!

$19000? IF Suzuki charged that much it would be like them shooting themselves in the foot.

In this market they would have very few sales.

My bike is fast enough for me, so I would be looking for other features.
But at 19K I'm pretty sure I would keep my Gen I. It's paid for and runs fine.

I noticed that the OP hasn't said what he would do - he only posted the question. ???

I did vote to keep the Gen II, but it would be tempting, as I like the performance and could never see myself on a 1K bike.

Sit on that EBR and it might change your mind :laugh:

Outta the Beemer, panigale, and EBR it felt the most comfortable. The ergos on it aren't built 4 motorcycle jockeys. I'm taller than 5'6 and weigh more than 145lbs :whistle:

No, ride the Buell, it's amazing, i rode the naked version, it's stupid!
Sit on that EBR and it might change your mind :laugh:

Outta the Beemer, panigale, and EBR it felt the most comfortable. The ergos on it aren't built 4 motorcycle jockeys. I'm taller than 5'6 and weigh more than 145lbs :whistle:

The salesman was tryin 2 get me 2 take a test ride but I was scared....:hide:

Scared I'd pull back in 2 my garage with Another bike :rofl:

It is good 2know that a fellow busa rider has taken 1 for a spin and was impressed :beerchug:

Dammit John now I'm in my head trying 2 rationalize buying another sportbike :banghead:

Back