Gen II Russell Day Long Seat?

I was going to do the whole seat thing. I went with a Speigler handle bar kit instead. I haven't received it yet. But I figure with that kit, It'll fix my ass hurtin problems.

It will be the start of your ass hurting problems. :whistle:

Still saving pennies. I just purchased a Gen II seat off another member here though, so just need to save the cash to send it in to be modified.

I've got a stock Gen2 seat on the way to me too(thanks again Kromdom:thumbsup:) Should be here by Monday.
I've already talked to Kontour seats also. They put me on their schedule for the 2nd week of August and said their normal turn around time is 2 days.
So hopefully I should have pictures and details on it in around 3 weeks!
There's a member that is waiting to get his Gen1 seat back from Kontour now also.
So we're waiting on Sous:poke: to get our seat reveiws going now:laugh:

I've got a stock Gen2 seat on the way to me too(thanks again Kromdom:thumbsup:) Should be here by Monday.
I've already talked to Kontour seats also. They put me on their schedule for the 2nd week of August and said their normal turn around time is 2 days.
So hopefully I should have pictures and details on it in around 3 weeks!
There's a member that is waiting to get his Gen1 seat back from Kontour now also.
So we're waiting on Sous:poke: to get our seat reveiws going now:laugh:

If ya don't mind what did they quote you? They give me $475 for the standard or $675 for the MAGNUM.

Looking forward to input on the RDL and Kontour. Will be getting one or the other over the winter.

If ya don't mind what did they quote you? They give me $475 for the standard or $675 for the MAGNUM.

Looking forward to input on the RDL and Kontour. Will be getting one or the other over the winter.

Kontour said $375 plus $25 return shipping(as well as my cost of shipping to them). They also said to add $200 for the magnum seat, which they did not recomend for my weight and I'm not getting. Also a 2 day turnaround time once they start on it.
Pandanin posted in his thread that he was also quoted $375 for his Gen1, which he said is being done now.:beerchug:

Looks like I may be more inclined to go with Kontour after reading throught thier site. One of the reviews said they had an RDL seat and the Kontour was better. Now I just gotta save up the money. I had recently had my seat redone by Spencer Motorcycle Seat Mods, since it was a cheaper option (I spent $120 with shipping) and for the most part it is comfortable, but it still gets really hot since our bikes produce a ton of heat. So riding during the summer here in Texas has been cooking my rear. So now I gotta save some money to try this Kontour option out. Look forward to hearing some reviews on any of you that get one soon.
http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

Looks like I may be more inclined to go with Kontour after reading throught thier site. One of the reviews said they had an RDL seat and the Kontour was better. Now I just gotta save up the money. I had recently had my seat redone by Spencer Motorcycle Seat Mods, since it was a cheaper option (I spent $120 with shipping) and for the most part it is comfortable, but it still gets really hot since our bikes produce a ton of heat. So riding during the summer here in Texas has been cooking my rear. So now I gotta save some money to try this Kontour option out. Look forward to hearing some reviews on any of you that get one soon.
Page 1

You might want to start looking for an OEM seat. According to their website they will not touch an altered seat.
Posted via Mobile Device

You might want to start looking for an OEM seat. According to their website they will not touch an altered seat.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah I already have one, I had sent my Suzuki Gel seat to be altered not my original seat. So my original seat is still packed away untouched. Thanks for the suggestion though.

You guys have me second guessing going with the RDL now. I too have the heat issues here in GA. It is going to take me a bit of time to save up the $300-$400 anyway for the seat, so I will patiently wait for the Kontour pics and review. I am thinking this fall I will be ready to place an order with either company.

Moved into a new house a year ago and spending an ass ton of money trying to make it our own, so motorcycle seats come second to Brazilian Teak flooring.

Yeah so I just got a quote from Kontour and since I am a bigger guy 6'1.5 and 275, they recommended the magnum option and the cost about doubles, $675 plus $20 return shipping. Ouch...yeah I am gonna be waiting a bit to get one of these.

Yeah so I just got a quote from Kontour and since I am a bigger guy 6'1.5 and 275, they recommended the magnum option and the cost about doubles, $675 plus $20 return shipping. Ouch...yeah I am gonna be waiting a bit to get one of these.

Just out of curiosity, why are you going with the Kontour over the RDL seat? I don't know man, $700 for one seat, that is more than I paid for my Corbins with a backrest on the passenger seat. I am only about 180 plus gear, so I hope that if I go with a Kontour I will not have to take out a loan.

Just out of curiosity, why are you going with the Kontour over the RDL seat? I don't know man, $700 for one seat, that is more than I paid for my Corbins with a backrest on the passenger seat. I am only about 180 plus gear, so I hope that if I go with a Kontour I will not have to take out a loan.

I'm 175lbs, 195lbs in leathers. Kontour told me that they would not recomend the magnum seat at my weight. The magnum only has wider "wings" off the back sides of the seat too. So they make a new part to add to the seat if you want it. It's for really big guys that have to sit all the way to the back of the seat, and their a$$ needs the extra support on the sides.
$375 for stock seat
$25 return shipping
$200 extra for the magnum

My stock seat gets dropped off for UPS pickup tommorrow. Assuming it's delivered on time, Kontour said they'll start on it next Monday. Two days to make the seat, then shipped back to me. Week after next I should have pictures on here.:thumbsup:

Did you go with the Kontour because of the "breathable" material it is made of, or for another reason? I am starting to think that the leather/vinyl of the RDL may be too hot down here in GA.

Did you go with the Kontour because of the "breathable" material it is made of, or for another reason? I am starting to think that the leather/vinyl of the RDL may be too hot down here in GA.

I do like the idea that the Kontour isn't supposed to be as hot as vinyl or leather, it gets really hot and humid here too.
The RDL looks like a really good seat(I was going to get one of those before I heard about the Kontour), but the Kontour is supposed be a type of suspension seat, special foam, less pressure between your legs, blah, blah, ect, ect. Bottom line, I've had a back injury and the Kontour looked worth a try. I used to love my Corbin, but I just can't stand the pressure it's putting in the wrong places anymore. I NEED a different seat bad, I hope this one is it.
Kontour will give you 2 adjustments, and if you're still not happy they'll refund your money. I really didn't want to spend that much, but my back and a$$ hurt so much that I had to try it.

Marty, did you ever get the seat back? If so whats the feed back on it. Maybe I missed it but was trying to watch to see how it felt

Marty, did you ever get the seat back? If so whats the feed back on it. Maybe I missed it but was trying to watch to see how it felt

Yeah, that was the one you tried the last time we went riding. We switched at the top of the mountain and changed them back at the Briar Patch Restaurant.
Remember?:poke:

Bump to the top . 395 for one . Next mod after nearly 1600 miles in 3 days / about 21 hrs seat time .

Back