Russell Day Long saddle

Willie G

Registered
I felt a BIG improvement going from the stock seat to the Gel seat.

Then I managed to lose 40 pounds. (Whew!)

I've examined every pic you guys have posted of a Tobin seat, and cannot see how LESS cushion is more comfortable.

So, anyway, I'm thinking I'd like to have a Russell Day Long saddle built and try that.

But first, a quick check of the Org. Anybody here have any experience with one?

Thoughts?

poke.gif

Know of people who have them and swear by them. But no one with a Busa. Mainly, I believe, they would just be plain ugly on a Busa BUT Comfortable. Like food, Most Busa Guys buy with their Eyes 
SHOCKED.gif
. And even though I have a Tobin, I really don't find it uncomfortable. And that's also doing Long Distance Trips. And  I find it more comfortable than a Corbin which IS a Hard Seat. Gel seats are good, but do have their draw backs. Like holding HEAT  
firedevil.gif
in the summer time when left outside. Have a friend who burned his (Yeah, Both of'em) last summer while coming home from work (a 45 mile trip) . But when cool, they are nice  
beerchug.gif

Re: Gel seats You're absolutely right about the temperature holding qualities. I got in the habit years ago of laying a light colored towel over the seat during the summer months.

Thanks!

I have a Russell on my ST and love it. You get used to the... "unusual" looks of it.

However, if you tend to move your butt around on the seat, you might want to think twice about it. You can still move on it, but you have to learn a whole new way of doing it. Those big ol' butt wings just wanna hold you right in place. It is more comfortable than my la-z-boy at home, other than not having a back rest.

Back