Gen II Russell Day Long Seat?

I just talked with Day Long seat and I was told they do not offer one for the busa. The only thing they do offer is the Custom Motorcycle Seats and Touring Saddles - "Day-Long" Touring Saddles and Motorcycle Seats by Russell Cycle Products It is 300 plus shipping. About 30 bucks to VA he said. They look pretty good but I would like to sit on one before I spend that kind of money. It is about a month waiting time. I have the Tobin on my 08 and the comfort is not the greatest anymore. If I do this I guess I will have to find me an extra seat to send. Its kinda hard to do without the bike that long in the summer.

I guess I am a bit confused about your post mr8ball. Did they say they do not offer a seat for the Hayabusa at all, or that they only offer the sport seat which is where your link goes to?

This is what I got from them when this thread first started. I asked about a question on if I had to provide the seat pan or not.

We build our custom day-long touring saddles using your stock seat and you will need to send it in. Once you submit an online order form through our website, you will be given a production date and our current production dates are scheduling for mid July. It is about a 2 week build process from your production date plus shipping. We would need your stock seat delivered to the shop 1 to 2 days prior to your production date.
Thank you, Kim

The link you provided goes to the sport seat gallery, so is that the only seat they provide or do they have the Day Long seat like DJ has?

Edit: I just sent them an email asking what seats they provide for the 08 Busa and for pictures of similar seats. If they provide just the sport version, or if they have a Day Long version as well.

I talked with him on the phone and was told me that they only offer the sport seat. He said something about the day long seat being to big for the busa. I am thinking the one DJ has is a sport type. Maybe I am wrong but it seems that if they made one they could make more. Please let me know what you find out.

I talked with him on the phone and was told me that they only offer the sport seat. He said something about the day long seat being to big for the busa. I am thinking the one DJ has is a sport type. Maybe I am wrong but it seems that if they made one they could make more. Please let me know what you find out.

I'll post up there reply here. They were very quick about getting back to me last time, so check later today for a response. If DJ has the sport seat, then I am OK with getting the sport version.

DJ, did you go full leather on your seat?

Sous, did you see/read the thread on these seats yesterday? I can't remember who the OP was, but he was asking if anyone had one of them. I think I'll give one of these a try.

A Pain in the butt?

Mine is definitely day-long
The lady confirmed it when they received my stock seat

The Bking seat is definitely larger than the busa

Sous, did you see/read the thread on these seats yesterday? I can't remember who the OP was, but he was asking if anyone had one of them. I think I'll give one of these a try.

A Pain in the butt?

I did not see it, I will try and locate it.

DJ, thanks for posting about your seat. I am curious now to see what the sport version of the Hayabusa seat looks like if yours is a day long. Also, it looks like you went 100% leather, is that correct?

Man, 2 weeks ago it seemed we had only a couple of average choices of seats that were designed for long trips. Now they are coming out of the woodwork. I will have to do some research on the Kontour seats as well as they are about the same price.

I'm looking for a better long range seat as well. Kontour looks to be a fairly large departure from the Russell or Mayer seats I'm current looking at. Post anything you find on them!

That thread is from 05. I hope things gave changed. I'll let you know around July 25 or so when I get mine back and use it.

Interesting, I am not sure how a dual seat would fit on the busa, but OK. Also, they look like stock seats that have been recovered. It says they are gel, but not quite what I am looking for. Thanks for posting though as some one else may like them.

I was going to do the whole seat thing. I went with a Speigler handle bar kit instead. I haven't received it yet. But I figure with that kit, It'll fix my ass hurtin problems.

If selling some online things goes as it should, then I may be buying this seat in a month or so...

If selling some online things goes as it should, then I may be buying this seat in a month or so...

Nice, keep us posted. I am still looking for a halfway decent deal on a Gen II seat pan and saving pennies for mine.

Back