Ride report: Corbin seat on an 09 Gen II

RX1Jim

Registered
Well, I was a bit skeptical that a Corbin seat would be an improvement over a stock seat to allow me to ride longer between breaks. I ordered one and it took about two weeks for it to arrive. I put it on yesterday, it is a direct replacement, no games, no problems to put it on. The seat feels much firmer and wider than the stock seat. I went out on a 325 mile ride today and I am pleased. It made a BIG difference, very comfortable. With the stock seat I would get uncomfortable after about 45 min. of riding, with the Corbin I can ride as long as I want, only being limited by stops for food, drink and gas. It cost me $290 including shipping. I am pleased with the results. I might take the stock seat and send it to New Image and try one of their seats.

Jim

I have the new image seat and have had it for 5 years now. I love it as well but it has got a little hard. I talked with Lee and he said he would redo the padding in it for me but just have not sent it back yet. I would love to find a Corbin to try for a few days to see if I like it enough to buy one. Glad you are pleased with yours :thumbsup:

...with the Corbin I can ride as long as I want...I might take the stock seat and send it to New Image and try one of their seats.

Jim

Same here. I love my Corbin, but might get the stock seats rebuilt just to try something new. I thought about New Image, but I found out that Sargent will build their seat on a Hayabusa pan(s). It's a little more money than a NI, but I think the Sargent may be more geared toward touring comfort, like the Corbin.

Well, I was a bit skeptical that a Corbin seat would be an improvement over a stock seat to allow me to ride longer between breaks. I ordered one and it took about two weeks for it to arrive. I put it on yesterday, it is a direct replacement, no games, no problems to put it on. The seat feels much firmer and wider than the stock seat. I went out on a 325 mile ride today and I am pleased. It made a BIG difference, very comfortable. With the stock seat I would get uncomfortable after about 45 min. of riding, with the Corbin I can ride as long as I want, only being limited by stops for food, drink and gas. It cost me $290 including shipping. I am pleased with the results. I might take the stock seat and send it to New Image and try one of their seats.

Jim

Got any pics of the new seat installed?

We like the Corbins as well. I had a Tobin on my 05, but I can ride all day with this seat. We rode to the bash from Oklahoma earlier this year. Round trip in 6 days with no issues. Thanks to Cap for the picture, not sure what I doing with my phone, maybe changing the Pandora station. :laugh:

on the road.jpg

Back