Gen II battery

knippie

Registered
I am looking for a new battery for my bike. I realize that their are many choices. But would like to here from some members on what they are running? I have been thinking OEM replacement.

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
Fortunately I'm still running what the factory gave me, but when I replace it, plans are to go Li

mestona

Registered
Shorai is the only way to go. My bike is 7lbs lighter and has more CCA (315) available than my wife's car.

pashnit

Site Sponsor
Registered
knippie - if you are thinking OEM, we can send you a Yuasa which is traditional lead acid. I have one on my Gen-II and works fine.

Bike is on the battery tender when not in use so should give me many years of use.

Got-Busa?

Donating Member
Registered
I just replaced my OEM with one of the new Shorai's! So far I love it and no issues. I went with the smaller 14 and not the 18 that they recommend. No problems cranking or starting what so ever. Got it online for $143 shipped! :thumbsup:

cheferman65

Registered
Ballistic here, lots of choices. The one that suits your needs and budget will be your best choice.

I chose this one due to the fact that it's lighter, cranks better, was cheaper and I am able to use my battery tender jr. as opposed to purchasing a new charger for the other Li brand battery.

1busa

Registered
Yeah I have been waiting patiently for my battery to die or have some xtra money to needlessly spend on my busa so I can get my hands on 1 of those Ballistic Lithium batteries :drool: I think its around like an 8lb reduction in weight and the cranking amps are 2nd to none when compared to standard or other lithium batteries.......:whistle:

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DCBusaATL