Bad luck or Bad Batteries from Batteries Plus?

GSX1300R-T

Members For Members
Donating Member
Registered
I purchased a battery from Batteries Plus 2 years ago,.......and the battery failed after 11 months. Still under a 12 month warranty,......it was replaced for free. I opted to upgrade to the best battery they had that would compare to the OEM Yuasa battery. They said it was $20 more dollars,......which I was willing to pay,.........but gave me the upgrade at no additional cost. I was grateful,.........in hopes this new battery would last a bit longer. (BTW,......my original battery lasted 8 years!! Incredible!! I know!)

So,.......I'm getting ready for the Bash..........and the new battery has failed. I called them only for them to tell me that IF I had paid for the upgrade,.......I would have had another 12 months warranty on it. WHAT THE ?????? SO,.....feeling like I was setup........I quickly got off the phone before I become consumed with rage.

I'm going to purchase another OEM Yuasa battery and put an end to this nightmare!!!! If others have had issues with these batteries from Battery Plus,.........please speak up!!! It may not put them out of business,.......but it could save others from wasting money!!!

i thought i had a batt issue but BP tested it, tested ok..so they said. i might have another issue. back to the drawing board

I used to work for BP there motorcycle batteries are crap. I used to here so many complaints about them. They do not last. The company knows they are crap, thats why most of the time they will just make the customer happy. I looked up there batteries for the busa when I worked there and they have less power than the stock battery.

Not sure which store you went to but if you go to the one of off atlantic ask for John he is the owner and is a nice guy.
Better luck with the Yuasa Joe:beerchug:

I suggest Yuasa or a Fast by Gast PB-2

I have the PB-2 but stock batteries also seem to last forever if taken care of.

I used to work for BP there motorcycle batteries are crap. I used to here so many complaints about them. They do not last. The company knows they are crap, thats why most of the time they will just make the customer happy. I looked up there batteries for the busa when I worked there and they have less power than the stock battery.

Not sure which store you went to but if you go to the one of off atlantic ask for John he is the owner and is a nice guy.
Better luck with the Yuasa Joe:beerchug:

Thanks for the info, Josh!! I did go the Atlantic Blvd location.........and I did speak to John today. No matter,.....rules are rules. I didn't push it,......because I know that selling inferior merchandise will eventually cost them their business!!

I think trying to buy a battery from a "trusted" source is somewhat an overkill. Battery technology is pretty good these days, and buying a battery from any reputable seller should be sufficient.

Don't know how much you paid for the first battery you got from BP, but I got a regular gel AGP battery from a reputable ebay seller for under $60, and have no complaints. Holds the charge so much better than my 6-year old.

High CCA batteries is another story of course.

Back