Battery upgrade, X-2 from Batteries Plus

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
Well, there are always post about batteries, so here is my input on the subject!

Here is a couple of choices for you guys from Batteries plus!

A stock Busa use's a series 12 battery but a series 14 will fit with a slight modification to the bottom of your seat!

The X-2 batteries cold cranking amp are rated, well under there testing specs!

For example, i bought the X2-14, the battery is rated for 200 cca, but when bench tested the battery was at 440 cca!

As for the X2-12, it's rated for 180 cca, and i have seen them around 400 cca on the bench!

Now as for the modification, to make the 14 fit, remove your seat,

Remove the foam block from the bottom of your seat.

Now where the foam block was attached, the rectangle need to be removed from the seat as well!

Now here are the links for the batteries!

X-2-12Honda ATV Motorcycle and Scooter Battery Replacement - X2-12 Xtreme - Batteries Plus

X-2-1414BS Honda Shadow Harley V Rod Battery Replacement - X2-14 Xtreme - Batteries Plus

Now something for you guys to dwell on here, my bike sat since November, with no tender, on either battery, since i run 24 volt starting!
It has never started in the last 4 years without having battery tenders on it!
I put the key in, and it fired wright up!

Was there a noticeable difference in comfort after you removed the foam block? I need to get a new battery currently, but I've been having trouble deciding... This sounds like the way to go... Thanks! :thumbsup:

Back