Gen I engine in Gen II frame electrical issues.

RdRcr150

Registered
Installed built Gen I engine in Gen II frame. Stock wire harness. All electrics in good condition, all switches, relays, and all connectors required for running connected. Fully charged battery and all fuses good. Turn key on...nothing. Connect test light to turn signal relay ground and turn kill switch to off and dash lights illuminate with all digital numbers reading (. We have changed the cam position sensor to one from MPS. Grounds checked good. We have power to main switch and all connectors that should have power, do have power. Any ideas?

Recheck ALL of your connections...actually disconnect EVERY plug
and examine EVERY pin in each connector.

Recheck ALL of your connections...actually disconnect EVERY plug
and examine EVERY pin in each connector.

If I'm reading correctly they have put a gen1 motor in a gen2 bike
The electronics are different. You would have to use a gen2 head on it along with the gen2 throttle bodies
And also would need a gen2 crank rotor in the motor.
If they have a gen1 head on the bike I dnt know how you wld make it work. Don't know that you can integrate the gen1 throttle bodies and make it work with the gen2 electronics.

For gen 1 engine I assume its a full gen 1 loom, switches,clocks,ignition barrel, ecu and so on.
If not then you'll need to print out a copy of the Gen 1 and 2 wiring diagrams and match each wire and pin out on every plug.

Back