Electrical Issues. 05 Busa

jayp577

Registered
I'm usually pretty good chasing electrical issues but this has me stumped. On my '05, the gauges started working intermittently as I was going down the road. Thought connection, but could find nothing loose. Gauges have now totally quit, tail and brake lights no longer work.
Checked the fuses, all the normal connectors. When the dash is unplugged or the main power fuse is pulled then plugged back in, The gauges sweep but that is all, making me think that the gauge panel is not the problem. Bike runs fine. Headlights work.
It has hid lights installed by the PO. PCV, auto tune, air shifter installed by me. Disconnecting all makes no difference in the dash or tail lights.....
Any ideas out there?

That's what I'm thinking is the problem. Brother has an '02, think it's the same but not sure. Plus he's about 100 miles from me.
Was hoping some great mind would pop up with some simple cheap thing that I missed.

sounds like either a battery issue or possibly a ground issue.

Pulled the wiring harness completely out last night, looking to see if I could find a chaffed wire or something broken, but no luck. Put it all back together taking extra care to make sure the grounds were clean and solid, and started to take a test ride. 30 seconds after I started the engine, the gauges cycled, lights flickered in the dash and then the dash and tail lights went out again. Was working for about 2 seconds and then nothing. Never came back on during a half hour ride this morning Thoroughly baffled.

Back