Need help with Busa electrical issue

Rutanfan

Registered
Hi all,
I am hoping that you can help me with a question. I am in the process of building a reverse trike with a Hayabusa engine. We split the 2007 wiring harness last night into the section near the engine in the back and the part that goes in the front and extended the wires. The engine was starting fine until we cut the wires to the left and right handlebar controls. We rewired the power switch and start switch just to check if it would still start but now there is no power to anything. All of the fuses are ok including the starter relay fuse. The clutch switch is connected. The battery is charged and connected securely. Do auxiliary systems, such as headlights, horn, turn signals, etc. need to be connected as well to for the dash to have power and for the engine to start? What else could be preventing power from getting to the dash/harness?

Thanks

The engine was starting fine until we cut the wires to the left and right handlebar controls. We rewired the power switch and start switch just to check if it would still start but now there is no power to anything. All of the fuses are ok including the starter relay fuse. The clutch switch is connected. The battery is charged and connected securely. Do auxiliary systems, such as headlights, horn, turn signals, etc. need to be connected as well to for the dash to have power and for the engine to start? What else could be preventing power from getting to the dash/harness?
Not that I have any real knowledge, but a key "no power start" issue I see on here is the kickstand switch. Maybe it's now tied in somehow...? I don't believe the auxiliary systems need power as some members have on/off switches for the headlight to help with cold starts.

Not that I have any real knowledge, but a key "no power start" issue I see on here is the kickstand switch. Maybe it's now tied in somehow...? I don't believe the auxiliary systems need power as some members have on/off switches for the headlight to help with cold starts.
Thanks. The kickstand switch is in the correct position too.

In theory nothing needs to be connected for the motor to start/run except for some essentials which you say are connected.If everything worked,and now you have total power loss (I'm taking to mean this as no power to any circuit) then upon re-wire you have not connected something the same as before or you have blown the main fuse. Not wiring up something,a secondary circuit like lights or even fuel pump,etc should not stop your dash from lighting up. Main fuse is my best guess.
Rubb.

Here's another guess. You dont have anything hooked up re secondary systems,but you did mess with the right hand control. You may have cut power to the starting circuit by not hooking the kill switch back together.
Rubb.

In theory nothing needs to be connected for the motor to start/run except for some essentials which you say are connected.If everything worked,and now you have total power loss (I'm taking to mean this as no power to any circuit) then upon re-wire you have not connected something the same as before or you have blown the main fuse. Not wiring up something,a secondary circuit like lights or even fuel pump,etc should not stop your dash from lighting up. Main fuse is my best guess.
Rubb.
Thanks. but the fuses are ok. I will check the kill switch again

Back