Hayabusa reverse trike starting problem - help!

Rutanfan

Registered
Hi everybody. I know that there are several posts here about 'busas not starting but I think that my situation it a little different. I am hoping that you can help me with the problem that I am having. The engine will turn over fine and act like it wants to start but not actually start.

I am building a reverse trike with a 2000 Hayabusa engine. The wiring harness is from a 2004 bike to be able to map the ECU. I have a Pingel electric shifter wired into the harness with the engine kill module connected to each of the 4 signal wires to the spark plugs. The engine is in the back and the Braille B14115 - Lightweight AGM battery is in the front of the vehicle about 10ft. away (I have upgraded the wire to 4ga.). Aftermarket electric fuel pump.

So here are the things that I have tried:
1. Ran dedicated ground wire from wiring harness to battery instead of to frame
2. Reinstalled connections to electric shifter that that tie into ignition wires with solder connectors instead of splice clips that come with it
3. Ran shorter 4ga. wire to starter from starter relay
4. Ran 4ga. wires to the battery to replace the 8ga. wires
5. Tapped on tip over sensor to reset
6. Checked connections
7. Shot some brake cleaner in the throttle bodies directly

Results: Still won't start, I have 40lbs. of fuel pressure at the fuel pressure regulator, engine still turns over and tries to fire but won't sustain it. Battery has 13.2 volts not in use and 11.3 volts at the starter while cranking. 11.7 volts at the battery while cranking.

Things I am going to try soon:
1. Pull out a spark plug to see if it makes a spark while cranking
2. New starter relay
3. Move the battery to the back and have much shorter 4ga. wires
4. Install new tip over sensor bypass

What other ideas does anyone have? Thanks in advance!

Back