Gen 3?

thedudeabides

Registered
You never know until you ask, so has anyone heard ANYTHING about the gen 3 Hayabusa? I had the fortune of meeting someone well known in the "Busa" community who told me there's talk of one in a few years, but I didn't have time to talk details on it.

I talked to a guy at Suzuki when me and the wife went to moto gp in indy this year. He said there won't be anything till late 2013 early 2014

As slow and heavy and poor braking as the current busa is, they probably better get something worth riding out pretty soon eh? And yes I'm being sarcastic :laugh:
Did you know that the 2nd gen busa only weighs 20lbs more than a Katana 750? And the first gen only weighs 9lbs more? And thats with almost twice the engine size and over twice the power?..............things that make you go hmmm lol

I am not worried about the 14, but the 15 does sound interesting. A supercharged 300 hp factory bike.

I'm currently saving for the Gen 3.

I figure I'll have about 120,000 miles experience on a Gen 1 by then (based on miles ridden on my Gen 1 last 4 years).

Might be able to squeeze enough for a track bike here in the next few months too. A puny 600 is what I'm aiming at.

Even though this is an old thread, it's interesting to read what people were thinking regarding the gen 3....

It sure didn't turn out like they expected, both in timeline and performance expectations.
No, it's much better than I thought it would be. Without the crazy numbers, people aren't going to be drooling over it like the Gen 1 & 2. But the Gen 3 is a very rational compromise for the times.

Back