Gen 3 vs gen 2/1

Comfortwise it's the same bike. Same frame, same swingarm, same wheelbase, same body position. None of that was changed. Whatever you remember is the same. It's after you buy the bike that you make it fit you, pegs, risers, bars, windscreen, whatever you need to make it work for you.

I sat on a 2020 and 2022 sitting side by side for 20 minutes testing the difference, I was 270 at the time, the bars on the gen 3 are 1” higher than gen 2, the tank slopes more in front of your stomach area on the gen 3 so I had my wife take a photo of me sitting with feet on pegs and hands on grips on both bikes and my stomach rode up squashed more on the gen 2, adding in factory cruise control I purchased the gen 3 with no regrets. Since then I have added taller windscreen, Heli bars, lower pegs, ungraded seat, Yoshimura carbon slip ons, GoPro, GPS and love the hole package. I’ve never ridden a gen 1/2 to compare rides.

Here’s my upgrades. Oh and Skene brake lights and wide view mirrors, I’m more of sight seeing rider.

3D232E45-AC6C-464C-B213-DF1724912BB0.jpeg

8CF44BE5-FC08-4630-9F3B-1184B8595D34.jpeg

EE1D0AFF-C4A3-4538-9AD9-F167B139F6BC.jpeg

450C2C4D-36FF-4D04-B67E-91F62482C637.jpeg

7EF567E5-4151-4707-BD0E-E25729619224.jpeg

DB888FB3-EE39-4F21-8285-105404A9AA31.jpeg

Made the deal, messaged 15 dealers yesterday with what i wanted to pay, a few responded with not possible, one responded at 6:03 pm after closing from about 1hr 45 minutes away, said no problem, was at my house at 8:55 pm!!!

Thats service!

View attachment 1664303
Curious what you paid, if you don't mind stating. Might be looking to make a deal on one soon.

Made the deal, messaged 15 dealers yesterday with what i wanted to pay, a few responded with not possible, one responded at 6:03 pm after closing from about 1hr 45 minutes away, said no problem, was at my house at 8:55 pm!!!

Thats service!

View attachment 1664303
Congrats and welcome to the family. Keep those stock cans clean all the time. The heat from the internal cats will make dirty puddle water and squished bugs permanently stain them if you get lazy with cleaning them. Ask me how I know!

I mentioned to the wife that on our next trip into Ottawa I want to stop by the Suzuki shop to look at a gen 3 as I haven't seen on in person.

She asked me if I was going to get one....I had to think about it for a little bit but decided that I'm not as our riding season is just too short to invest in something which is going to sit for months and months...

...and I like the 'ol Bumblebee....

I mentioned to the wife that on our next trip into Ottawa I want to stop by the Suzuki shop to look at a gen 3 as I haven't seen on in person.

She asked me if I was going to get one....I had to think about it for a little bit but decided that I'm not as our riding season is just too short to invest in something which is going to sit for months and months...

...and I like the 'ol Bumblebee....
Sit on it, if it speaks to you...bring it home.
Mod it in the cold weather.
You're an old life long bike guy anyway, it's a sickness that never leaves.
New toys are always fun.
You only live once, and especially if the wife is cool with it.

Back