Which one is sexiest?Gen 1,Gen 2 or Gen 3?

Personally I love the old school aesthetics of the Gen 1.
When I first saw the Gen2 I hated the tail section design, but it's kinda grown on me now..not too bad.
The Gen 3 I like the front of it but don't like the tail either, way too wide and low for my taste. I like the LED lights and blinkers, really cool.
One thing I can't get to grips with is the price of the Gen 3, it's $29K plus on road costs($600). . . . too rich for this Kiwi.

Personally I love the old school aesthetics of the Gen 1.
When I first saw the Gen2 I hated the tail section design, but it's kinda grown on me now..not too bad.
The Gen 3 I like the front of it but don't like the tail either, way too wide and low for my taste. I like the LED lights and blinkers, really cool.
One thing I can't get to grips with is the price of the Gen 3, it's $29K plus on road costs($600). . . . too rich for this Kiwi.
It seems to be on par with what was expected price wise here in the eu(Gen 3).
I also didn't like the tail of the g2 at first but its kind of iconic at this stage.
I'll wayside the g1 also.Iconic bike no doubt.
Maybe the g3 will be viewed the same in 15 years time.

I'm biased, I like all three....they ARE all Hayabusas afterall.......even though as the generations progressed, the tails got uglier.

I do however think Suzuki got the formula right with the Gen 1 though, it's pretty hard to beat that bike in both looks and performance. Each and every write up and video review references the Gen 1 to being closest to it's GSXR heritage whereas the other 2 generations have swayed away from that.

Although on paper the Gen 1 is down on power, it easily holds it's own against the Gen 2 and 3...

The Gen 1 is aesthetically brutal. The Gen 2 is a bit more sophisticated, The Gen 3 is the first Hayabusa that I think most would agree is a beautiful bike. I did not expect Suzuki to do such a tasteful job of mainstreaming the beast.

Performance-wise it's Gen1, 2 then 3. The Gen 1 was closest to the GSXR heritage, Gen 2 because of the proven performance and adaptability. Gen 3 we'll see.

The gen 1 has the worst chrome mods I've ever seen, like cheap truck stop chinese chrome yuck so I'd have to go with gen 3 for not having much cheap chrome options on the market yet.....
The gen 2 has the same mod items available for it as the gen 1 so I guess if that is your criteria, the gen 2 is in that lump as well...

It won't take long before all this is available for the gen 3.

The Hayabusa is the most modified sport bike on the planet.

The gen 2 has the same mod items available for it as the gen 1 so I guess if that is your criteria, the gen 2 is in that lump as well...

It won't take long before all this is available for the gen 3.

The Hayabusa is the most modified sport bike on the planet.
Yup.... I hate what the place "all things chrome" does to Busa's, I hate wide tire mods and I hate spikes everywhere but people buy it and rock it so each to their own, but I'll never be like "hey nice bike".

Sort of...
I'll let Arch explain it.
Brutalism is an Architectural style from the '50s. It was aggressive and imposing, and always controversial. I think that's very much what the first Busa was. There weren't many people who didn't have an opinion of it and it was one of the most polarizing designs ever in motorcycling. Brutalism gave way to modernism in the '60s and is considered something of a fad now.

I think the designers of the first Busa designed it in the wind tunnel and weren't too worried about anything else. I think they were committed to doing exactly what the wind told them to. In the search for a bigger audience, the Gen 2 got a more mainstream tail and the Gen 3 even more so.

So I was using the term "brutal" less as criticism and more as the apparent actual design approach.

Brutalism is an Architectural style from the '50s. It was aggressive and imposing, and always controversial. I think that's very much what the first Busa was. There weren't many people who didn't have an opinion of it and it was one of the most polarizing designs ever in motorcycling. Brutalism gave way to modernism in the '60s and is considered something of a fad now.

I think the designers of the first Busa designed it in the wind tunnel and weren't too worried about anything else. I think they were committed to doing exactly what the wind told them to. In the search for a bigger audience, the Gen 2 got a more mainstream tail and the Gen 3 even more so.

So I was using the term "brutal" less as criticism and more as the apparent actual design approach.
It wasn't everyone's "cup of tea".

I've never looked at a gen 1 or gen 2 and felt like they were bikes I ever wanted to own (nothing but respect for their performance and lineage). And I never really cared for the photos I had seen of the Gen 3. But when I walked by it at the dealership it sat pretty and caught my eye immediately. So I would say for a big girl the Gen 3 is the sexiest, but looks wise, I prefer my bikes smaller and less girth.

Back