Which one is sexiest?Gen 1,Gen 2 or Gen 3?

I rode the first Busa in Arizona in 1999 and fell in love with the bike ,already had two bikes 750 rr and Royal star venture no garage and small house.I told my self
I will own one some day. In 2021 I finally did a gen 3 in black and yes I love the bike ,problem is I love them all for different reasons.

1FDE36B7-1FEC-4755-A0BC-F46121DAD0F2.jpeg

A6246AFD-EE28-48DF-9967-2DD823AC0EF2.jpeg

Gen1 the original and the best in looks for me, my 2007 turbo bike with 300hp has now 100,000 km and still feels like new.
My opinion is that Gen3 looks suspiciously like a more civilized Gen1 style.

My bias is for the Gen 1 because it flows in line with the form and function it was designed to do. Gen 2 & 3 are too busy with styling cues and the need for Suzuki to give it a new look as the years passed. Had the style not changed sufficiently from 1 to 2 then I am pretty certain it would have hurt sales numbers. The Gen 3 is defiantly different and that will also appeal to many riders because they want to be noticed for what they ride.

My Busa is down right now... and it starting to bug me... I have the 2010 Connie buts its no Busa.

For me its the Gen 3! :) Not because i own a Gen 3, the design of the previous models is nothing for me. I know there is a lot of love for this special design of Gen 1 and Gen 2, combinated with the massive power. But für me the ZX-12R for example, was much more bike how i like it. Since Gen 3, Suzuki get me! :)

The Hayabusa design has always had a love/hate relationship with people and each generation had/has their quirks and oddities.....

The round wind tunnel designed bubble style threw a lot of people off then the tail changed on the gen 2 and 3 which threw people off....in the day and age where tails are getting smaller and raised, the gen 3 went the total opposite route and it is either a love it or leave it design.

I personally like all three generations and don't have a favorite, I'd proudly own either generation.

Suzuki was smart to leave the gen 3 recognizable as a Hayabusa, if they had changed it too much it would not be selling as people buy it because it is unique.

I remember when the Hayabusa first came out. For some reason I thought it was butt ugly back then. Then as time passed the look sort of grew on me. Now I think they all look pretty damn cool. My favorite is the Gen 2, but like I said they all look nice to me. Most other sportbikes look similar to each other IMHO. But when a Busa rolls by, you instantly know what it is, regardless of generation.

Color makes all the difference for me. I had an 02 Ltd all black (loved it). Then an 08 in orange, out preformed the 02, great bike. Now I like the black 21. Not into white or silver.

Back