Gen 1 Vs Gen 2 Comfort

ky busa

Registered
I am just wandering if the gen 1 is more comfortable than the gen 2 for all day riding? I know someone that had a 2005 hayabusa and currently has a 2008 hayabusa and he told me that the gen 2 busa is not as comfortable as the gen 1. I am thinking about considering a gen 2 busa but I was wandering if the comfort was equal or better than the gen 1?

Personal preference. A different seat, bars, and or pegs will make a big difference in either one. They are both very similiar. I have a gen2 and haven't ridden a gen1 in a couple years, but personally I prefer the gen2. I also think neither is very comfortable stock, there's room for improvement as mentioned above.

It has been 6 years since riding my `03 but it definately felt more comfortable than this new one. I think the seat on the first one felt a little narrower and softer pad, but not sure.

im a fresh change from an 02 and i have noticed a big difference. gen2 is way less comfortable.

That is funny, I just switched from my 04 to this 09, and I like it way better.

Smoother, and less vibration. Seats are a tossup. If I rode without gloves, I would hate the new style grips.

This is one of those topics where it really comes down to each person. Some fit the Gen1 better, some the Gen2. I'd get the Gen2 IMO, as it's newer and better in all other aspects - then make it comfortable.

They are the same ergos. I can't tell the difference. And I set them up both exactly the same. My 08 had 900 miles on it when I got it so it was rock solid stable showroom new. It's more refined, smooth and just works.

The Gen-II has the worst brakes ever, sorry folks, they suck. I've tossed the stock rotors & pads, still suck. Lines are next. And the stock seat is good to 400 miles/day, then my ass just hurts.

The '00 is a screamin' beast with the carbon fiber 4-in-1 & de-restricted everything. The '00 also feels slightly lighter but that could be my imagination.

The biggest difference is the horsepower. That is a huge difference. You thought the Gen-I had balls until you ride the Gen-II. :laugh:

img_5323_busa_800.jpg

IMG_0400lowres.jpg

img_5323_busa_800.jpg

IMG_0400lowres.jpg

The Gen-II has the worst brakes ever, sorry folks, they suck. I've tossed the stock rotors & pads, still suck. Lines are next.

Hmm, compared to the Gen1's I've ridden, the Gen2 brakes seem much better. Of course I have not ridden your Gen1, so you might have them upgraded.

They are. Galfer braided lines made all the difference in the world on my '00. I had a brand new motorcycle when the stainless lines went on. And the myth of one-fingered braking on a 550 lb bike became a reality!

The beef on my '08 is the brake lever starts to get spongy under heavy repeated braking as the fluid heats up. Lot of mountainous twisties here. Can actually feel my hand getting tired after about 10 minutes of very spirited riding. Shouldn't be like that.

I just went from an 02 to an 08 and find the 08 to be more comfortable... The seat is a little firmer on the gen2 but im a decent sized guy(6' 238 lbs) and I felt the softer seat on the gen1 hurt my arse on longer trips, I think the newer firmer seat supports me better... I dont think it was because the seat was "soft", but because it had 20k miles on it and was way to worn in.

Done many miles around Europe on my Gen 1's, after a break from Busa'a bought a Gen 2, after 1200 miles I cant tell any difference except as mentioned the seat on the Gen 2 is firmer.

Has anyone who owns both 1 & 2 physically measured the foot peg height from the seat and peg, also set back, say from the engine mtg.

Hey pashnit, how about getting the tape measure out for some actual comparisons?

Best regards Stretch

The December 2007 issue of Motorcyckist Magazine actually did all the ergonomic measurements between the two bikes. On the Gen 1 they had the seat to footpeg distance as 18.1 inches, the reach to the bars as 29.0 inches, and the seat to handle bar rise as 2.4 inches. On the Gen 2 they had the seat to footpeg distance as 18.8 inches, the reach to the bars as 29.5 inches, and the seat to handle rise as 2.0 inches.

So in essence the Gen 2 has .7 of an inch more legroom but makes the reach to the bars is .5 of an inch longer and the bars are .5 of an inch lower. Hope this helps you out in making a decision. Its not a lot but it does stretch you out a bit more on an already stretching you out kind of a bike. I know I felt the difference and put Heli's and risers on.

The December 2007 issue of Motorcyckist Magazine actually did all the ergonomic measurements between the two bikes. On the Gen 1 they had the seat to footpeg distance as 18.1 inches, the reach to the bars as 29.0 inches, and the seat to handle bar rise as 2.4 inches. On the Gen 2 they had the seat to footpeg distance as 18.8 inches, the reach to the bars as 29.5 inches, and the seat to handle rise as 2.0 inches.

So in essence the Gen 2 has .7 of an inch more legroom but makes the reach to the bars is .5 of an inch longer and the bars are .5 of an inch lower. Hope this helps you out in making a decision. Its not a lot but it does stretch you out a bit more on an already stretching you out kind of a bike. I know I felt the difference and put Heli's and risers on.

Great Info. faster, thanks for posting.

Best regards Stretch :colgate:

I own both, and I much prefer the Gen 1 for comfort. Definitely feel it in my wrists and back more on the Gen 2 after 5 hour rides. The second gen seems to have a slightly narrower seat that lowers and leans you forward farther while also giving you less surface area to sit on.

Back