Gen 3 Gearing

Same as gen 1 and gen 2...

Screenshot_20210403-210440_Chrome.jpg

i have 195hp DIN RWHP @10,400 revs , and i'm -1 down on gearing and with my Akrapovic 4 in 1 on VBOX Sport datalogger
my 40-100 mph time in top is 9.0 seconds , Gen3 is 7.8 secs

so just goes to show how much more low end grunt Gen3 has
im curious as to how you can compare your time to someone else's time as your time and mine are different again depending on fuel used where you live, road surface, tyre etc
side by side and same fuel would be a fair shoot out, cant wait for that to happen!!

im curious as to how you can compare your time to someone else's time as your time and mine are different again depending on fuel used where you live, road surface, tyre etc
side by side and same fuel would be a fair shoot out, cant wait for that to happen!!
done numerous rolls on to average out, tyres continental sport attacks , 97 RON fuel.. and the 6th gear Gen3 roll out is always faster.

Wide open throttle roll on is wide open throttle gives a pretty good accurate comparison

done numerous rolls on to average out, tyres continental sport attacks , 97 RON fuel.. and the 6th gear Gen3 roll out is always faster.

Wide open throttle roll on is wide open throttle gives a pretty good accurate comparison
i have 195hp DIN RWHP @10,400 revs , and i'm -1 down on gearing and with my Akrapovic 4 in 1 on VBOX Sport datalogger

i assume you have the gen 2?, if so that means the gen 3 will be about 160ft ahead of the modified gen 2 at least at the 9 second mark

i cannot say for sure if the Gen 3 is indeed faster than the Gen 2 as i've only ridden the 3 with a pillion but it certainly didn't mind having 26+ stone on its back and pulled really well in the mid range.
That alone made it fun on regular UK 95ron with minimal WOT....never felt the need to use more than the 4-8k range and 6th gear did pull well form 30mph when i felt lazy

i assume you have the gen 2?, if so that means the gen 3 will be about 160ft ahead of the modified gen 2 at least at the 9 second mark

yes my bike does run well until 12,000 on dash, it has plenty of top end power, but lacks 3k to 5k compared to Gen3, which is why i have just acquired Wossner rods and 83mm pistons 13:1 - going 1406cc come the fall :)
i have put too much cash into me bike, and cannot run to near £17k , might get Gen3 several years down the line

yes my bike does run well until 12,000 on dash, it has plenty of top end power, but lacks 3k to 5k compared to Gen3, which is why i have just acquired Wossner rods and 83mm pistons 13:1 - going 1406cc come the fall :)
i have put too much cash into me bike, and cannot run to near £17k , might get Gen3 several years down the line
So are you comparing a gen 2? to the gen 3 or a gen 1?

From the many riding impression videos I've watched, pretty much all of the VLoggers say the Gen 2 and Gen 3 are quite similar when it comes to performance. A couple of them said they can feel more mid range but that is a stock choked out bike.

A gen 2 which is opened up has a different power curve than a stock one. My bike's mid range is pretty stout.

From the many riding impression videos I've watched, pretty much all of the VLoggers say the Gen 2 and Gen 3 are quite similar when it comes to performance. A couple of them said they can feel more mid range but that is a stock choked out bike.

A gen 2 which is opened up has a different power curve than a stock one. My bike's mid range is pretty stout.
I’m debating on getting the ecu flash- retard ignition and secondary throttle/ fuel stop afr changes by a woolich tuner does woolich have a standard setting adjusting stp map for stock bikes with just the slip ons?

I’m debating on getting the ecu flash- retard ignition and secondary throttle/ fuel stop afr changes by a woolich tuner does woolich have a standard setting adjusting stp map for stock bikes with just the slip ons?
What will that do to your warranty? I'd imagine this bike will have to go in for specific maintenance.

not sure any GEN3 purchased bikes in the UK have been v logged apart from Bennetts review,
my mid range is strong being 5,5k onwards, but GEN3 will pulll away from any GEN2 low down 2,5k upwards

also just looked online there are GEN3 for sale ride out today from showroom

not sure any GEN3 purchased bikes in the UK have been v logged apart from Bennetts review,

also just looked online there are GEN3 for sale ride out today from showroom
There are a few videos posted to this site with VLoggers....

As they are scattered all through the threads, I won't re-post them....

Haven't seen this one posted...

There are a few videos posted to this site with VLoggers....

As they are scattered all through the threads, I won't re-post them....

Haven't seen this one posted...

i mis-interpreted Vlogger with a data logger, hard figures via GPS don't lie. Gen3 has better accel from low down than GEN2 with different cam profile this is no lie.

i don't take much notice of seat of the Bum dyno

Back