Gen 3 Gearing

RSXtypeS

Registered
Does anyone know the Gearing on the Gen 3? I just read a Article saying they may have Changed the Gearing to "Make it" accelerate faster. Just curious.

When I had my gen2 I felt is was a bit busy in top gear revs wise I installed a 19 tooth sprocket on the front and really liked the change of course everybody has different taste when it comes to gearing or other But my currant gen 2 XZ14 gearing is spot on for me I wont touch it :thumbsup:

Don't ask how , put part# in google-o-matic
------------
Front Sprocket 27531-15400
Rear Sprocket 64511-15H00 NT43
Chain ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,27620-24F70

I would have to agree.. the Gen 2 was 18/43. However with launch Control and Wheelie Control on the Gen 3, they may be able to be more Aggressive with the Gearing From the Factory. I honestly can't Wait Until Chris Moore Gets his hands on it. I'm not Far from His Shop. I will be there the first Day he gets it just to see it in person. Lol

Going with shorter sprocket gearing increases the mechanical advantage of transferring power to the wheel. That might disguise the fact that the Gen3 engine makes less hp....until you hit about 170 mph that is. Unfortunately, short gearing also reduces the top speed. Maybe Suzuki cheated us on that too.

With the gas mileage, I wouldn't want to get too aggressive with the gearing!
Good point, shorter gearing could be the reason for the reduced fuel economy.

I have no facts about the primary gearing or the sprocket gearing of the Gen3 but if those are similar to the Gen2, I think it would need the equivalent of at least +3 on the rear sprocket to make a real noticeable difference especially given the reduction in hp that the Gen3 has. I've gone with +4 on the rear and it's a nice change but I would not call it extreme by any means. It's still real safe. A Gen2 busa will top out at just under 180 with a +4 rear sprocket. I can't believe Suzuki would make a Hayabusa incapable of attaining at least 186 mph stock...then again who would have guessed they make a Gen3 with 5 less hp?

People keep quoting numbers, personally I hope it’s underrated. With all the changes I still think it’ll make more power than the Gen-2. If it’s restricted like current 1k’s it’ll be quite a surprise.

No chance the bike is geared that short. All the Suzuki literature says it’s the fastest Hayabusa yet and gets to max speed quicker. It’ll do 300kph/186mph without a problem.

From the almost top speed video we've been viewing, I don't think it's geared down. If it is, not much. The Gen3 had another thousand rpm to go at 180 mph just like it appears a Gen2 would. Of course, who knows what the factors of speedo error and possible gearing changes were? It will come out soon but for now, it looks like the Gen2 and the Gen3 are close in performance. If they are, I'll just stick with my Gen2. If the Gen3 blows everything else away, I guess I will have missed out on my free jacket. I don't see the price of a Gen3 going higher than it is now. The color choice is probably best in this first year though.

IMG_20210403_221400_edit_293346954735967.jpg
straight from the owners manual

Back