Gen 2 turbo street bike build

I fitted a pair of brembo's from a gsxs1000. When i first took it out with the brembo's fitted, the brakes were sh!t. So I changed the OEM pads to EBC HH and wow the bike never stopped so good. That was 2 up riding with the wife on the back.
The brembo's came of a 2600 miles crashed bike. The OEM pads were that bad, IMO i can see why the gsxs crashed.

@Dopey

you wake me up? grin here my answer

what ever impact he´s talking about i don´t understand - sorry

what i only use for the long studs is a torque wrench with 11mm hex nut and 23 (-25) Nm and "loctite" at their outer thread.
the six M6 screws for spring holding get - again with a fitting torque wrench - only 10-12 nm WITHOUT any loctite-ing.

and
at gen1s !
to shut down the wobbly clutch force booster (again and again incorrectly called a torque limiter :banghead:) I use the simple shut-down-ring from kojak as you can see here in his shop as part of he entire set (the black ring on top of the pic)
View attachment 1643861

but always, absolutely! in connection with the stronger springs and the enforcer bracket also from his shop
the whole thing has the nice advantage that you don't need a welding device but can do the whole thing in a normally well-equipped garage yourself.

for correctness - the so called torque-limiting function at the busa is so to say only caused by the a bit too weak springs.

if you downshift the busa very hard at high engine rpms , the standard springs can no longer press the clutch disks together tightly enough and the clutch slips, and prevents that way the rear wheel from locking.
a little kind of torque limiting caused and calculated technically by suzuki engineers.

a so-called variant of a torque limiting function.

this explanation i got by our german suzuki tech support some two years ago or so by email !

a real! torque limiter necessarily requires a completely different clutch hub/ basket with a massively modified structure.
Its ok, it's only a "slang" word used. So every smallminded will know what it is.

Screenshot_20220210-114830.png

Screenshot_20220210-114739.png

Screenshot_20220210-114650.png

Screenshot_20220210-114622.png

The bike is running and riding. Rob says he is trying to get the bike on the dyno this weekend. The original heat exchanger travis made for the bike didnt work after it was lowered so we had to get a rcc exchanger. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!
View attachment 1653194
Sure looks funny without the fender or bodywork....

But....it's running so there's that....

The bike is running and riding. Rob says he is trying to get the bike on the dyno this weekend. The original heat exchanger travis made for the bike didnt work after it was lowered so we had to get a rcc exchanger. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!
View attachment 1653194
Be interesting to see what it makes for power. Glad to see it’s getting closer to being done.

Finally! The bike is on the dyno but were running into some boost issues. Seems where the wastegate is positioned the bike is having boost creep issues. The ams is trying to adjust for the boost creep. Basically rob is going to relocate the wastegate and get it back on the dyno. Even having said that it looks VERY promising for making strong power. At 5.8lbs it made 262/135 and on 7.8 lbs it made 298/170. That is very strong considering my last head spacer gen 2 busa made 292whp at 12psi with a 5858.
IMG_2857.jpg

IMG_2858.jpg

IMG_2860.jpg

IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_2864.jpg

IMG_2863.jpg

Rob pulled the hot side and re welded the wastegate pipe. Issue was it was at a 90 degree angle and creating back pressure causing the boost creep. This is what it originally looked like.
View attachment 1654742

View attachment 1654743
This is what rob fabbed it to look like and direct flow correctly.
View attachment 1654744

View attachment 1654745

View attachment 1654746
u doing an air system on the bike for the multiple levels of boost your gonna run? You said this was gonna be a streetbike from what i remember. If so... might want to mount that MPS air pump to something rubber or some material that absorbs the "shakes"... i have an onboard air compressor that is 4 years old now still alive and kicking! I think the many many failures from these pumps are due to the way they are mounted. just a theory..... What kinda clutch? whos air shifter? super exciting times!

u doing an air system on the bike for the multiple levels of boost your gonna run? You said this was gonna be a streetbike from what i remember. If so... might want to mount that MPS air pump to something rubber or some material that absorbs the "shakes"... i have an onboard air compressor that is 4 years old now still alive and kicking! I think the many many failures from these pumps are due to the way they are mounted. just a theory..... What kinda clutch? whos air shifter? super exciting times!
Its running an ams 2000 pro for boost by speed. If i remember right we went with a mps air shifter/pump with raptor shift light but to be honest ill have to go back and look its been a long time since we ordered the shifter. Running a nlr boost compensating clutch.

Its running an ams 2000 pro for boost by speed. If i remember right we went with a mps air shifter/pump with raptor shift light but to be honest ill have to go back and look its been a long time since we ordered the shifter. Running a nlr boost compensating clutch.
its nice if that pump blows up the swingarm and the air comes from that single source(the arm).... then the lines can go to the wastegate and air shifter.. an air pressure guage can be mounted anywhere to make sure u got 140 pounds of air.. my pump is on a switch thats triggered at 100 pounds of air or less.. and the raptor shift light can be setup to autoshift at redline... its a miracle that it works but it does! i had to hang a cycletek kill box on mine... but u got a gen2... ii think u can run the ignition kill right from the ECU in a gen2. PLEASEmake sure u mount that MPS pump on something like a thick piece of material thats kinda soft to absorb vibration. I think thats why mine has lived for soooo long.

Back